PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chaos at ACC swimming championship

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Chaos at ACC swimming championship

Postby PonyPride » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:22 pm

Did anyone see this? NC State's Owen Lloyd wins the 1,650 freestyle (by a huge margin), and gets disqualified for ... celebrating with his teammate? He didn't taunt an opponent or interfere with someone else who was swimming. He hugged a teammate who also had completed the race.

Water Pony, ponyswim, etc. ... have you ever seen anything like this called before? I've certain never seen anything like this. Lloyd smoked the competition and deserved the victory.

PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Chaos at ACC swimming championship

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:58 am

I heard the rule was that you could not interfere with another swimmer so coming into a teammates lane after they had both finished seemed really punitive to me
Charleston Pony

Re: Chaos at ACC swimming championship

Postby Water Pony » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:11 pm

I have not seen this rule applied, except in relays when they enter the water after having left it.

Applying this rule appears unnecessary. He sat on the lane buoys and crossed over to a teammate, who had completed his swim. The dude finished the "grueling" 1650 and won. His excitement was fun to watch and didn't hinder anyone.

I was once disqualified for missing a backstroke turn at the NCAA Championships. My turn actually stopped my progress and I had to regain my momentum. However, they DQ'd me on a technicality.

:shock:
Pony Up
Water Pony

Return to Other Sports