PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's soccer adds Miles Vaughn as assistant coach

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Women's soccer adds Miles Vaughn as assistant coach

Postby PonyPride » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:50 am

From SMUMustangs.com:

Miles Vaughn Named An Assistant Coach For Mustangs

DALLAS (SMU) – Miles Vaughn was named an assistant coach for the SMU women's soccer team by Head Coach Nicole Nelson on Monday.

"I am so excited to be coming home and joining the SMU Women's Soccer Program," said Vaughn. "I want to thank Nicole, Mat, Emma and the rest of the SMU staff and student-athletes for the opportunity. I look forward to serving the program as we head into a new era for SMU Athletics. The future is bright for SMU Women's Soccer and I'm honored to be a part of it."

Vaughn, a Dallas native, comes to the Hilltop after spending the previous six years with Maryland men's soccer, including serving as an assistant coach for the Terrapins the last three seasons.

"We are thrilled to welcome Miles to the Hilltop," said Nelson. "Throughout the interviewing process it became evident that Miles experience and expertise will add immediate value in crucial areas as we transition to the ACC."

Vaughn was a part of the 2018 NCAA National Championship-winning team in his first season at Maryland in which he served as the program's Director of Soccer Operations. Throughout his time at Maryland, Vaughn was a member of five total NCAA Tournament teams and helped the program reach its 21st consecutive tournament appearance in 2019.

As director of operations, Vaughn managed the Terrapins' budget, fundraising, travel logistics and team events while also serving as a liaison to Maryland's external operations staff. Vaughn worked to successfully coordinate the 50th reunion of Maryland's 1968 National Championship team.

Along with coaching the Terrapins, Vaughn helped manage Bethesda's youth club operations. At Bethesda, Vaughn oversaw all club facilities and scheduled venues for all 80 teams. Playing as a key role in the club's allotment, Vaughn also worked with club equipment, registration, sponsorships and travel.

Vaughn also performed as a course staff member for Maryland's State Youth Soccer Association.

Vaughn began facility and event operations with the Baton Rouge Soccer Club, where he also served as Director of Soccer Operations. Before his time as director, Vaughn acted as the club's director of development and managed fundraising and scholarships. Vaughn also helped direct communications to all 7000 of the club's members.

In Baton Rouge, Vaughn coached two youth soccer teams and was an assistant coach at Catholic High School, in which he helped the school reach the No. 1 state ranking during his tenure. Vaughn also served as a Louisiana State ODP coach and instructional staff member.

Vaughn holds both a USSF A-Youth Coaching License and NSCAA Advanced National License with Distinguished Pass.

"Along with his experience as a coach, one of the first things that every reference communicated about Miles is that he is an incredible human being," said Nelson. "He will be a great compliment to what I consider an exceptional coaching staff in Mat Cosgriff and Emma Wright-Cates as well as the rest of our SMU Women's Soccer performance staff."
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports