PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Trevor Svajda Wins Cadillac Of Calabasas Pro Tournament

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Trevor Svajda Wins Cadillac Of Calabasas Pro Tournament

Postby PonyPride » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:35 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Trevor Svajda Wins Cadillac Of Calabasas Pro Circuit Tournament

CALABASAS, Calif. – Trevor Svajda won the 2024 Cadillac of Calabasas USTA Pro Circuit M25 singles championship on Sunday.

"I am excited to get my first pro circuit tournament title," said Svajda. "I am really happy with how I competed in five matches through six days, and I look forward to more college matches and pro events in the future."

Svajda faced Nishesh Basavareddy in the tournament's championship. Down 4-1 in the first set, Svajda took the next 11 of 12 games to claim the championship victory in straight sets (6-4, 6-1).

The San Diego native earned his first win in the tournament's main draw field, defeating Emile Hudd in dominant fashion (6-0, 6-1).

Svajda picked up his second victory of the week over Omni Kumar, again winning in straight sets (6-3, 6-3).

With the victory, Svajda advanced to the field's quarterfinal round to face Karue Sell. After dropping the first set 6-4, Svajda responded with two stellar sets to take the match 4-6, 6-1, 6-3.

In the semifinal, Svajda defeated Samir Banerjee 7-6(3) in the match's first set. Banerjee would go to retire due to injury at the beginning of the second set, with Svajda moving on to the final.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports