PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

new Dedman Center

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

new Dedman Center

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:19 am

drove by the new Dedman and it looks damn impressive from the outside. Can we do something with Moody now please?
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Water Pony » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:45 am

And upgrading Perkins Natatorium or getting a new aquatic center. :D

SMU used over $3m for a recreational pool in Dedman that could have contributed to a comprehensive solution which would have gained the students an even better facility for aquatics, while providing for the Mens and Womens Swim and Diving Teams. Short sighted.
:?

BTW, this is what the U. of Louisville did with the approval and vote of the entire student body. :cry:
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:19 am

No kidding, I didnt realize there was a large indoor recreation pool in Dedman. I frankly dont think our students will use it much at all, regardless of what the surveys said. Its a shame that the swim team wont get any benefit out of such an investment.

I do seem to recall hearing that the new Dedman will have a volleyball court with some stand that that can accomodate the womens team practices and games. If true, that makes total sense and should alleviate some overcrowding in Moody.
Hoop Fan

Postby Water Pony » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:17 pm

Hoop Fan wrote:No kidding, I didnt realize there was a large indoor recreation pool in Dedman. I frankly dont think our students will use it much at all, regardless of what the surveys said. Its a shame that the swim team wont get any benefit out of such an investment.

I do seem to recall hearing that the new Dedman will have a volleyball court with some stand that that can accomodate the womens team practices and games. If true, that makes total sense and should alleviate some overcrowding in Moody.

Not sure, the Recreational Sports Department was very possessive about their facility. The Athletic Department was kept at arms length.

As for the pool, it will be pretty expensive lap pool with some intramural events, which could have been easily accommodated in a real aquatic center. I am still steamed that we isolated the two needs.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Return to Around the Hilltop