PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bush Library: Fox New insider reporting ...

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Eddie P » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:42 am

Why is that pathetic? Why would anyone from SMU feel the need or obligation to reveal sensitive information to a rag in Midland, Tx?

I will now refer to the earlier post about poker...
Eddie P
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:50 am

Eddie: what's pathetic is not being able to contact a spokesperson for the university, no matter whether it's the DMN or the Park Cities News. There should ALWAYS be someone available. That's what pagers and cell phones are for. And there's always a way to give an answer or quote to a reporter without actually revealing your 'poker hand'.

Example:

Mr. Reporter: "Does SMU have any comment on its efforts to get the Bush Library?"

SMU spokesperson: "At this time, SMU is not in a position to reveal any of its efforts towards obtaining the Bush Library."
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:57 pm

I'd be shocked if SMU doesn't get the Bush library. George and Laura, as we all know, are Methodists, and I don't think there's any real connection between the Bush family and Baylor, unlike with SMU. And besides, where would you want your Presidential library: in a high profile metropolis like Dallas or in the armpit of Waco? Lastly, W already spurned Laura and didn't follow her advice by nominating another woman to the SCOTUS, so maybe he can pay her back with this?
East Coast Mustang

Postby Pony4Life » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:37 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:Eddie: what's pathetic is not being able to contact a spokesperson for the university, no matter whether it's the DMN or the Park Cities News....
For what it's worth, Ford Stadium could catch on fire and the Park Cities News wouldn't know it. They haven't had an SMU story since Doak Walker won the Heisman, I don't think. They make the Park Cities People look like an SMU newsletter, and the PCP hasn't covered us in two years .... which is why I'll never buy either of those rags again.
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby jtstang » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:44 pm

Pony4Life wrote:They make the Park Cities People look like an SMU newsletter, and the PCP hasn't covered us in two years ....

Uhh, except for the story linked on the football board TODAY.
jtstang

Postby EastStang » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:27 pm

Speaking of ex-presidents visiting their libraries, how often does George, Sr. make it out to goatroper land to see his library? I'll bet Bill Clinton hasn't been back to his too often either, he's probably up to his eyeballs in hot, liberal, loose women in NYC.
EastStang

Postby mrydel » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:38 pm

EastStang wrote:Speaking of ex-presidents visiting their libraries, how often does George, Sr. make it out to goatroper land to see his library? I'll bet Bill Clinton hasn't been back to his too often either, he's probably up to his eyeballs in hot, liberal, loose women in NYC.

Clinton does visit here occassionally, but it has not yet been determined if he will be in town when Paula Jones schedules her visit to the library. Hope he keeps in touch. Would not like to see him get caught with his pants down.
mrydel

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:41 pm

EastStang wrote:Speaking of ex-presidents visiting their libraries, how often does George, Sr. make it out to goatroper land to see his library? I'll bet Bill Clinton hasn't been back to his too often either, he's probably up to his eyeballs in hot, liberal, loose women in NYC.
I'd rather have a hot, liberal, loose woman over a frigid, conservative, uptight woman ANY day of the week! :wink:
MrMustang1965

Postby jtstang » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:57 pm

EastStang wrote:I'll bet Bill Clinton hasn't been back to his too often either, he's probably up to his eyeballs in hot, liberal, loose women in NYC.

Where would you rather be?
jtstang

Postby NavyCrimson » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:39 pm

i agree '65!!!

LOOSE IS IN AS FOR A REAL WOMAN!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby Kappas Are Yummy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:56 pm

In my opinion, we need to do everything possible to get the Bush Library at SMU. The university desperately needs our president's guiding influence.

One example of that need is that during my freshman year intro to biology class, I was actually taught that evolution is accepted by scientists around the world and that the planet was not created in six literal days!

Everyone knows that dinosaurs and humans used to coexist!

The sooner students take classes at the Fondren Creation Science building, the better.

Viva la Bush Library!
Kappas Are Yummy
Junior Varsity

Postby Pony4Life » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:16 am

jtstang wrote:
Pony4Life wrote:They make the Park Cities People look like an SMU newsletter, and the PCP hasn't covered us in two years ....

Right. First story in three years or more. Kick-ass coverage, huh? I like Farrell's writing, and I hope this story is a sign of things to come. I realize his paper sells a lot of copies because of HPHS, but damn, it's a high school, and Boy Wonder (Stafford) dislocated a kneecap. We'll never get better coverage, but we should. For every week that we complain about only having 12K or 15K in the stands, we can take solace in the fact that they're still a HS and never can stick more than 7K or 8K (not sure what they hold) in their Texas Stadium East. We're college. They're high school. We're more important. Period.
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:51 am

Pony4Life wrote:
jtstang wrote:

Right. First story in three years or more. Kick-[deleted] coverage, huh? I like Farrell's writing, and I hope this story is a sign of things to come. I realize his paper sells a lot of copies because of HPHS, but damn, it's a high school, and Boy Wonder (Stafford) dislocated a kneecap. We'll never get better coverage, but we should. For every week that we complain about only having 12K or 15K in the stands, we can take solace in the fact that they're still a HS and never can stick more than 7K or 8K (not sure what they hold) in their Texas Stadium East. We're college. They're high school. We're more important. Period.
Pony4Life: Have to disagree with you on this one. PCP and PCN rags cater to the folks who buy their papers: Yuppie Mommies & Daddies (and other assorted relatives) who live in the Park Cities and want to see Lil' Tommy's or Lil' Sally's pic or article about them making the football team or the drill team in the paper. However, I *do* believe that if the PCN and/or the PCP start writing more stories about SMU sports, there's the small likelihood that the university will draw a few more spectators from the Park Cities to Ford and/or Moody...that is, if they're not driving to Austin or College Station to see the Teasips or the Aggies.
MrMustang1965

Postby Water Pony » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:02 am

Kappas Are Yummy wrote:
Everyone knows that dinosaurs and humans used to coexist!

Viva la Bush Library!

Two items:

First, evolution works but dinosaurs and human didn't coexist. Dinos disappeared millions of years before homo erectus evolved.

And, Laura was a Theta, which gave the Kappas a run for their money.

As a matter of fact, my brothers and I serernaded Laura and her sisters. And they were all cute. I think singing has disappeared though. Too bad.[/code]
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby NavyCrimson » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:21 am

uuh -

nope, i don't think so -

evolution doesn't work -

its theory & simply theory but taught as fact -

more evidence found to the contrary that the earth is 10K to 30K years old -

end of story
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop