PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SAE Lions

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Best move I ever saw

Postby mustangkip » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:55 pm

SMUBob83 wrote:Was I when a Lambda Chi, Ricky Rodriguez, a rather obscure member of the frat, walked into the Sigma Chi house directly across the street during a party, uttered a few choice words at a few Sigs, and then ran off with their most recent composite. He ran back across Binkley with several of them in hot pursuit. He led them straight into the front door ---- of the SAE house, whereupon a great brawl ensued --- between the SAEs and the Sigma Chis.

Ricky made it all the way through the SAE house and out the back door with the composite, made a hard left into the Lambda Chi house and up the stairs to that sundeck where a group of brothers congratulated him while watching the brawl going on next door between two of our rival frats.

Didn't get much better than that. Sometimes it did pay to have the highest GPA on campus.

Dang Bob, that is an awesome story. That is so cool.
Class of 83
mustangkip
Scout Team

Postby DiamondM75 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:55 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:She liked the Lambda Chi's when she was there! But she raised her standards and married an ATO. :lol:

65, that is just mean.

But at least the Lambda Chi's are still on campus. Sorry, just couldn't resist.

But to settle this discussion and end this thread right now, the best frat on campus is PIKE. Always has been. Always will be. No questions. No arguments.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:01 pm

DiamondM75 wrote:
MrMustang1965 wrote:She liked the Lambda Chi's when she was there! But she raised her standards and married an ATO. :lol:

65, that is just mean.

But to settle this discussion and end this thread right now, the best frat on campus is PIKE. Always has been. Always will be. No questions. No arguments.
Like I said earlier, there's a movement afoot to bring ATO back to SMU. :shock:

PIKE? PIKE? PIKE? Gimme a break...isn't the phrase "Never knew a PIKE I liked?" :wink: And isn't a PIKE a fish? And what's up with that damned firetruck anyways?
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DiamondM75 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:09 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote: And what's up with that damned firetruck anyways?

PIKE'S are just too hot. :P Need a firetruck to put out the fires.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby mustangkip » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:15 pm

No way. Lambda Chi is where it is at, highest GPA and best parties bar none.
Class of 83
mustangkip
Scout Team

Postby DiamondM75 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:33 pm

mustangkip wrote:... highest GPA and best parties.

Isn't this an oxymoron?
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:51 pm

he asked which was the best Fraternity-not the Boy Clubs listed above.
Stallion

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:54 pm

Stallion wrote:he asked which was the best Fraternity-not the Boy Clubs listed above.
...and with a response like that I'm curious which fraternity you're a member of?
MrMustang1965

Postby jtstang » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:07 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:now, jt...rush DOES occur on other campuses besides SMU including my little ol' Sam Houston State.

Let me guess: you're a GDI.

Well I was confused and I guess you were too since the guy was asking about the top 3 frats at SMU.

And you nailed it, I never even went through rush. I could not bring myself to be limited to partying with just one group when all the houses were open to GDI's on Friday and Saturday nights. Boy those were some days of literally stumbling back to the dorm. Made friends with a bunch of different frat guys in the E school and partied with them too.
jtstang

Postby Dooby » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:03 pm

DiamondM75 wrote:

65, that is just mean.

Ugh. I remember rush in the early 90's. The Pikes were so spare. They gave bids to everybody. During the fall, the had catered Hooters every Monday or somesuch. And then I am told that something happened in 1997 or so and they had a good rush class and have been pretty good ever since.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:19 am

When I was at SMU, the PIKE house had so much weed that it hovered three feet off it foundations. They didn't have hell week they had hooka week. Needless to say, they were the stoner house when I was there.
EastStang

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:35 am

EVERY house was a "stoner" house at SMU when I was there, everybody was getting high, or drunk, or both...PIKES just LOOKED like stoners....others guys were wasted out of their minds with short hair, kacki pants and an izod....long live Brian O'Meara.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby Dutch » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:40 am

DiamondM75 wrote:But to settle this discussion and end this thread right now, the best frat on campus is PIKE. Always has been. Always will be. No questions. No arguments.

You're joking, right? pikes are a bunch of meat heads. give me a break, they're not in anyone's top 5 but their own.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby bubba pony » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:46 am

it was about 1970 when we came back from summer school. out frat president, (pike) had broken into the SAE house over the summer and was wearing their ceremony robe and had all their secret artifacts. so 35 years later I can expose the thief. it now appears I may be the oldest ponyfan.com member on this board.
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby PK » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:30 pm

bubba pony wrote: it now appears I may be the oldest ponyfan.com member on this board.
Nope. There is 50s Pony. He may be the oldest. OldPony and I are from the 60's...and I am sure there are others. You're still just a young brat. :D
PK

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop