PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Lobo Fans

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Lobo Fans

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:46 pm

Dang it. It could not of gotten any hotter today.

I know they've begun pushing scrimmages back in the Dallas area because of the heat but thats not the point of this post.

Scrimmage was pretty good for both teams.

The Longview D was obviously the highlight of the team. Lp could not run the ball all day but the secondary let up a few long passes.

What I didnt like the most on the Lufkin side, was how much they put the ball on the ground. They gave it up atleast 3 times. Not to mention throwing one interception (shouldve been four, but we dropped 3 of them).

The Lobo passing game worked here and there but nothing to extreme. The running game destory the Lp defense but couldnt put it in.

Lp picked off a pass in the endzone (somehow) and that was about the big thing for the Lp D. They held Longview's 2nd string very well. Miles look good at back up QB for Longview. That kid has an arm and can run like crazy.

I dont much on Lufkin so thats why I continue to talk about Longview lol but definately on the Lobo 1st string, as expected, the strong part is the running game but the passing game is much better than last year IMO.

The first string didnt play that long at all. I believe they were pulled after Longview went up 7-0 but final score,
Longview-14 Lufkin-3

Freshman, Lufkin won 7-0
Junior Varsity, Longview rolled 35-7
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:23 am

Thanks for the update. What were your problems with the PBP? Looked
like your first entries worked.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:32 am

Well when I first got there it was working on a wireless connection but after that it didnt work at all. Hopefully I can figure it out before Friday.
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby WorldStang » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:40 pm

These Lobo reports are all in vain.. my Red Raiders are going to win again! GO LEE!

:P
What we obtain too cheap.. we esteem too lightly. It is persistence alone that gives everything its value.
WorldStang
All-American

Postby PlanoStang » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:40 pm

Isn't Longview the 'real' state champ last year since we knocked you
guys off last year. :wink:
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Around the Hilltop