PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Grad Named 'Voice' of Beaumont's Hockey Team

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU Grad Named 'Voice' of Beaumont's Hockey Team

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:25 pm

BEAUMONT, TX (August 29, 2005) - The Texas Wildcatters today named Matt Marshall as their Director of Corporate Sales and Communications. Marshall comes to the Golden Triangle after spending the last two seasons with the CHL's Lubbock Cotton Kings and will spearhead the team's corporate sales efforts in conjunction with Managing Partner Rick Adams. In addition, Marshall will be the "Voice of the Wildcatters" for its radio broadcasts this season and will oversee the team's communications department.

Marshall, 25, is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Southern Methodist University with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and Advertising Management. While in Dallas, Marshall worked from 1998-2003 with the Dallas Stars broadcast team before joining Lubbock for the 2003-04 season.

"We are very pleased to have Matt on our staff," said Adams. "His professionalism and hunger to be the best will be a great fit in the front office."

"I am excited for the opportunity to work for the Wildcatters," added Marshall. "With the help of Matt Turek, Lubbock went from last place in the conference in 2003-04 to the playoffs last season and I have no doubt that Texas will be a winning team this season. I look forward to both working with our new and returning corporate clients as well as getting behind the mic for the Wildcatters."
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SmooPower » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:13 am

Lubbock and Beaumont have hockey teams? :o
SmooPower
Heisman

Postby dcpony » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:51 am

Nice, good for Matt. He was my roommate in college. He was a production intern for the Stars in college. He's always wanted to be a play-by-play announcer for an NHL team. He'll be calling games in the NHL soon.
dcpony
All-American

Return to Around the Hilltop