PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hurrican Katrina Relief

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hurrican Katrina Relief

Postby DiamondM » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:39 pm

Sorry about posting this here, but I wanted to get the word out.

For those of you who don't know me very well, in my spare time when not being a lawyer or attending SMU events, I teach rubber stamping and scrapbooking, as well as sell paper crafting supplies. This weekend I am combining my love of SMU football, my love of making hand-made cards, and Hurrican Katrina relief efforts.

If you will be on the Boulevard this Saturday, I will have a table set up where you (or your wife, girlfriend, mom, or daughter) can make a hand-made card to be delivered to Hurrican Katrina victims staying in DFW shelters. I have a firend who is volunteering in one of the shelters, and she has requested that all of her crafting buddies provide the displaced families with cards that show that they are in our thoughts and prayers as they decide how and where to rebuild their homes and lives. I will show you how to make a card. I'll provide all the supplies, of course.
My tent is just barely north of Perkins chapel on the west side.

If you want to do more than just make a card, and you (or your wife/girlfriend/mom/daughter) are at all into paper crafts such as rubber stamping and scrapbooking, I will be donating 10% of all sales on Saturday to the Salvation Army Hurricane Relief Efforts, and the company that makes the products I sell (Stampin' Up!) will match my donation 100%.

See you on Saturday!!
DiamondM
Heisman

Return to Around the Hilltop