PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Burger wars, re-visited

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Burger wars, re-visited

Postby PK » Thu May 02, 2002 4:42 pm

Whatasteve, I have no problem with lettuce on my burger...in fact I insist that there be lettuce on my burger as long as it isn't the main ingredient between the buns. Your right, Snuffer's does have other items on their menu that are very good....including pickles!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby whatasteve » Thu May 02, 2002 6:36 pm

PK, you clearly need help.
You like pickles.
You like mushrooms.
You think Campisi's makes a great burger.
Get out more. Please.
whatasteve
Junior Varsity

Postby PK » Fri May 03, 2002 2:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by whatasteve:
<B>PK, you clearly need help.
You like pickles.
You like mushrooms.
You think Campisi's makes a great burger.
Get out more. Please.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does Whatachick know what she is really up against....or do I need to explain it to her? Poor thing, she is in real trouble here!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby whatasteve » Fri May 03, 2002 3:04 pm

PK, there's no need for you to shed any light on the situation for Whatachick. I've fooled her this long, and I'd like it to stay that way.
whatasteve
Junior Varsity

Postby PK » Fri May 03, 2002 3:17 pm

Whatasteve....I think we can come to some arrangement on that.
PK

Postby PonyTales » Fri May 03, 2002 5:21 pm

PK, this sounds like extorsion!
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby PK » Fri May 03, 2002 6:38 pm

PonyTales....what ever do you mean?? Image
PK

Postby PX » Fri May 03, 2002 8:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PK:
<B>We have GOT to start being more selective in where we go for burgers. Snuffer's burgers are pretty much run of the mill....not bad mind you, but far from outstanding. Sorry PX, but I don't think I could bring myself to order a turkeyburger. The fried mushrooms just might be the best thing on their menu...and they are quite good. Although no one other than me thinks the Campisi's burger is the King I think we all agree it is the best we have sampled so far in our quest for the best.

1. Campisi's
2. Two Rows
3. Snuffer's (this one will undoubtedly drop some more in the future)

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 05-02-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think its interesting that we havent heard from PerunaPunch, yet. Isnt he the one that suggested Snuffers in the first place?

Dont be closed minded PK. Whatasteve was laughing at me when I first ordered the Turkey Burger, but after sampling it for himself, I think he would now agree that its a tasty diversion from the usual, and superior to Snuffers regular burger.

I'm planning a solo reconaissance mission to Joe Willey's this weekend. I'll let you guys know what I find.
PX
Varsity

Postby PonyTales » Sun May 05, 2002 8:03 pm

Whatachick, what did you think of your last outing to the (turkey) Burger Wars? Haven't seen any descriptions from you.
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby PX » Mon May 06, 2002 3:37 am

OK, Joe Willey's needs to be on the list, that Burger had lots of potential.

Also, I read an article in the March issue of D Magazine, where they also went searching for the towns best Burger, and the winner of their burger war was the Uptown Bar and Grill. This survey was highly suspect, though, because (someone hold Whatasteve down,) in their contest the Snuffer Burger eliminated 1st and 10 in head to head competition. I didnt see Campisi's, Two Rows, or Roses on their list anywhere.
PX
Varsity

Postby PK » Mon May 06, 2002 11:37 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PX:
<B>OK, Joe Willey's needs to be on the list, that Burger had lots of potential.

Also, I read an article in the March issue of D Magazine, where they also went searching for the towns best Burger, and the winner of their burger war was the Uptown Bar and Grill. This survey was highly suspect, though, because (someone hold Whatasteve down,) in their contest the Snuffer Burger eliminated 1st and 10 in head to head competition. I didnt see Campisi's, Two Rows, or Roses on their list anywhere.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just shows that some people have no taste at all. It probably also shows that picking a true "best" will never happen....too many different tastes.
PK

Postby whatasteve » Mon May 06, 2002 12:24 pm

PX, you're right to ask for restraint.

The idea that the Snuffer's burger is better than First and 10 is like saying I'm a better runner than Eric Dickerson, or that I have a better arm than Dandy Don. It's beyond stupid.

D Magazine has officially reached fish-wrap (or bird-cage liner) status.
whatasteve
Junior Varsity

Postby Whatachick » Mon May 06, 2002 12:54 pm

PonyTales, I almost ordered the chicken sandwich (what else would a whatachick eat?), but opted for another bird...the turkey burger to at least pretend that I am rating burgers in the spirit of the burger war.

I would agree with PX--it was surprisingly tasty.

By the way PK, the fact the Whatasteve shuns pickles and mushrooms works in my favor...many more pickles and mushrooms for me.
Whatachick

Postby whatasteve » Mon May 06, 2002 1:28 pm

I will try to cure Whatachick of this pickles and mushrooms habit. In the meantime, it's nice to have her around for such things.
whatasteve
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyTales » Mon May 06, 2002 1:47 pm

Why is Whatachick with someone who doesn't appreciate pickles and mushrooms? There are a lot of single PonyFans out here who enjoy both.

[This message has been edited by PonyTales (edited 05-06-2002).]
PonyTales
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop