PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Burger wars, re-visited

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Burger wars, re-visited

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:12 am

What would be the Dallas equivalent of "Dutch's"? Does Dallas have anything similar to Pappas Burger - big, sorta loud, mostly burgers with a big [deleted] chicken fried steak, multiple flat screens, predominately college decor, college-age waitresses/waiters? Does Dallas have a Fuzzy Taco? (hmmmm)
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby lwjr » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:49 am

Bergermeister wrote:What would be the Dallas equivalent of "Dutch's"? Does Dallas have anything similar to Pappas Burger - big, sorta loud, mostly burgers with a big [deleted] chicken fried steak, multiple flat screens, predominately college decor, college-age waitresses/waiters? Does Dallas have a Fuzzy Taco? (hmmmm)

LIving in Midland the past 19 years, I feel I have lost touch with reality sometimes, What is the "Fuzzy Taco"?
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby Dutch » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Bergermeister wrote:What would be the Dallas equivalent of "Dutch's"? Does Dallas have anything similar to Pappas Burger - big, sorta loud, mostly burgers with a big [deleted] chicken fried steak, multiple flat screens, predominately college decor, college-age waitresses/waiters? Does Dallas have a Fuzzy Taco? (hmmmm)

i know of a place similar to what you're talking about.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dutch » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Pony_Fan wrote:maple / motor is "neat" but nothing special. It's extremely small so good luck getting a seat -

finally, someone agrees with me on M&M B&B. it's just meh. I didn't leave thinking about when the next time I would have to come back and who I would bring to experience this amazing burger (that's how I judge 'em). it was so-so. freezer bag fries & tots. overly greasy w/o ambience. it's basically the same burger you can get at club schmitz, but more expensive, and not a real dive. go to Schmitz if you want the real thing. M&M is faux-dive.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Club Schmitz (since 1946). Doesn't get much better. Oughta be exciting with the DART train running over the shuffle board table. It's still got 3 rubber machines in the restroom!!! A true classic.
Bergermeister

Postby Dooby » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Dutch wrote:it's basically the same burger you can get at club schmitz, but more expensive, and not a real dive. go to Schmitz if you want the real thing. M&M is faux-dive.

"This isn't faux-dive; this is a dive! I am out of here."

"You are a long way from home college boy; I'll start you a tab."
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dutch » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:25 am

Dooby wrote:
Dutch wrote:it's basically the same burger you can get at club schmitz, but more expensive, and not a real dive. go to Schmitz if you want the real thing. M&M is faux-dive.

"This isn't faux-dive; this is a dive! I am out of here."

"You are a long way from home college boy; I'll start you a tab."

i'm so glad i'm not the only one who remembers that episode. Moe is great.
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dutch » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby GrapevineMustang » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:01 pm

I was in Austin over the weekend.
Went to a sports bar called Bikini's.
I think I might have had a burger.
Hard to say. I was having a difficult time concentrating.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby Lotus » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Hard to concentrate?
I really like that place. Believe it or not, that burger you had is pretty good.
SMU! SMU! SMU!
Lotus
All-American

Postby Corso » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:18 pm

They really need to open one of those in Dallas.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby giacfsp » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:02 pm

Speaking of restaurants like that, I tried Burgergirl (McKinney — south of Knox) over the weekend, and was very pleasantly surprised. I would have thought it would be a little like Hooters — mediocre food made palatable by ... let's call it "ambiance" — but the burger was surprisingly good. Not as good as Uptown Bar & Grill, Snookie's, Jake's, etc., but not bad at all. They are small, so everyone except kids should get the double patty, but they're surprisingly tasty. Beer was cold, too.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby SMUFan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

giacfsp wrote:Speaking of restaurants like that, I tried Burgergirl (McKinney — south of Knox) over the weekend, and was very pleasantly surprised. I would have thought it would be a little like Hooters — mediocre food made palatable by ... let's call it "ambiance" — but the burger was surprisingly good. Not as good as Uptown Bar & Grill, Snookie's, Jake's, etc., but not bad at all. They are small, so everyone except kids should get the double patty, but they're surprisingly tasty. Beer was cold, too.

Their burger is surprisingly good. I'm a fan of that place.
SMUFan
All-American

Postby couch 'em » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:01 am

Went to a place yesterday called "Your Way Burger" on Midway and Alpha in the FB. Pretty darn good. Odd mixed feel of ordering at the counter like fast food, but having tables, sports on TV, and a full bar.

All burgers are cooked custom, and you fill out an order card to hand to the cashier. You can also have cheese or some toppings like jalapenos cooked into the meet. Variety of bun options. Worth checking out.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby Junior » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Pony_Fan wrote:maple / motor is "neat" but nothing special. It's extremely small so good luck getting a seat -
Toasted Buns and Jolly Rancher Ice Tea and huge patties. I'll stick to the regular joints myself.

It's amazing this thread has gone on so long. We need a Pizza thread - so many different kinds and places.

ate there last week for the first time. good if you're looking for a quick, no-frills, greasy burger joint. I'd go back.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop