PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Al Groh must be proud

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Al Groh must be proud

Postby KnuckleStang » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:08 am

Get a load of this ridiculous cheap shot by UVA's offensive lineman in Saturdays game vs. BC. Unbelievable. Never have I been more pleased to see the Cavs lose.

http://media.putfile.com/CheapShotUVa_Kiwi
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Re: Al Groh must be proud

Postby SWC2010 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:02 pm

That is the most chicken [deleted] play I have EVER seen.

UVA's Butler should be kicked out for the next game (at least). I know it happens more than it should- but this AFTER the play.

To a lesser point, it looked like Butler was 'holding' Kiwanuka the entire play-- until he chopped him.

I just emailed Swofford (ACC Comm) to see if he was giong to do anything.
SWC2010
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:22 am

Funny how Mr. Jefferson's university is getting thuggier. UVA used to carp about its honor, but no more. On the other hand, Groh is supposedly a heck of a recruiter (Mac Brown-East). I wouldn't mind picking him up as an assistant head coach, if UVA canned him.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Caballo » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:23 pm

Along the same lines, who was the Texas lineman in 1981 that made the same "crack back" block on Michael Carter's knee that put him out for the rest of the year? I remember the film clearly showed that one lineman stood MC up and the other [deleted] cracked on the knee.

I hate Texas. May they be 3rd in Monday's BCS poll, and lower at the end of the year. Go Buffs.
Caballo
All-American

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:59 pm

EastStang wrote:Funny how Mr. Jefferson's university is getting thuggier. UVA used to carp about its honor, but no more. On the other hand, Groh is supposedly a heck of a recruiter (Mac Brown-East). I wouldn't mind picking him up as an assistant head coach, if UVA canned him.

Groh would probably go back to the pros as a coordinator before he'd come here. Also, it looks like Butler got suspended by the school for his conduct.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2186934
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby SWC2010 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:20 pm

Thanks for the update, Peruna.

Butler should still here from ACC
SWC2010
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:58 pm

Funny, Groh then pulls of UVA's biggest win of the year this weekend over FSU. I guess his job's safe for another year.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby giacfsp » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:27 pm

How would you like to be Butler's parent after watching that? I realize they're taught to play until the final whistle, yada yada, but that's simply disgraceful.
How long was his suspension (other than NOT LONG ENOUGH)?
giacfsp
Heisman

Return to Around the Hilltop