PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Laura Miller's Slap in the Face Of SMU

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Laura Miller's Slap in the Face Of SMU

Postby Stallion » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:13 pm

Ch. 8 reports that Laura Miller intends to support the University of Dallas in Irving over SMU's bid to host the George W. Bush Library. Oh my!!!! Can someone be so ignorant of the relative roles these two schools have played in the development of Dallas. Who benefits more if the Library is placed on a site mere INCHES outside Dallas or in Irving. We need a candidate to get rid of this fool.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Col. Nathan R. Jessep » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:20 pm

Unbelievable.

The only positive is that she is always on the wrong side of any deal.
YOU WANT THE TRUTH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
Col. Nathan R. Jessep
Varsity

Postby smupony94 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:21 pm

I hereby nominate thatsgreatraplh - is UTD even in Dallas? I thought it was in Irving? So what benefit would if bring to Ms. Miller?
smupony94

Postby Stallion » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:24 pm

the University of Dallas is a private Catholic school in Irving.
Stallion

Postby PK » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:14 pm

Sweet Laura...she has been at the #1 spot on my "stupid [deleted]" list for years now. Actually she is the only one on that list as I don't know anyone else who would acually fit that description...except her. Geez...I'm damn near speechless... :roll:
PK

Postby PK » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:35 pm

Upon further contemplation...perhaps we should actually thank Laura. Being that the selection committee is undoubtably republican...the endorsement of a dyed in the wool democrat can only bring negative points to the University of Dallas proposal. She is still #1 on my exclusive "stupid [deleted]" list.
PK

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:19 am

Just read the DMN version of this story. Seeing as how Ray Hunt had a hand in the SMU proposal, I can see why she backs the University of Dallas. She just needs to quit making all of this so personal as it doesn't benefit anyone, particularly the City of Dallas. She can deny it all she wants that his involvement had nothing to do with the letter but it just makes her look like a bigger idiot, if that's possible.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... b4ef6.html
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby Billy Joe » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:45 am

It only makes her look bad and does nothing to determine the outcome of where the library goes. I seriously doubt Bush gives a damn what she thinks. While many of us differ on things on this board, we can all agree that Laura Miller is one stupid [deleted].
Billy Joe
All-American

Postby mrydel » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:40 am

This woman sounds so bad I wonder how she never made it into Arkansas politics.
mrydel

Postby SMU Football Blog » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:56 am

(214) 670-4054 is Mayor Laura Miller's Office number. Feel free to call. I did. I yelled for 30 seconds and hung up. I feel much better.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby jtstang » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:00 am

PK wrote:Upon further contemplation...perhaps we should actually thank Laura. Being that the selection committee is undoubtably republican...the endorsement of a dyed in the wool democrat can only bring negative points to the University of Dallas proposal. She is still #1 on my exclusive "stupid [deleted]" list.

Not sure that's it, PK. I think she ran as a Republican, against the Democratic incumbent Ron Kirk, didn't she?
jtstang

Postby abezontar » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:07 am

No, she ran unaffiliated as most all of our city council/mayor candidates do. She ran against some guy I don't remember to take over after Ron Kirk resigned to run for the U.S. Senate. Then she ran against Mary Poss when The remainder of Kirk's term was finished. I'm not sure if she can run one more time or not. I will say this though, the last mayoral election was defeinitely a choice between to poor choices. While she has never run on a party ticket, her husband is a democrat in either the Texas house or senate.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU Football Blog » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:16 am

abezontar wrote:No, she ran unaffiliated as most all of our city council/mayor candidates do. She ran against some guy I don't remember to take over after Ron Kirk resigned to run for the U.S. Senate. Then she ran against Mary Poss when The remainder of Kirk's term was finished. I'm not sure if she can run one more time or not. I will say this though, the last mayoral election was defeinitely a choice between to poor choices. While she has never run on a party ticket, her husband is a democrat in either the Texas house or senate.

Mayoral elections in Texas are nonpartisan. Kirk resigned to run for Senate (under the City's bylaws, you cannot be a candidate for another office while holding a city elected position). Laura Miller's husband is former state representative for the 103rd (democrat) Steve Wolens, and is currently an attorney with Baron & Budd. Miller is a democrat as well and has endorsed democratic candidates in the past and made financial contributions to their campaigns, including Al Gore in 2000. Her main opponent when she ran for mayor to fill Kirk's term was John Dunning.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby NavyCrimson » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:58 am

PK - u are a blast!!!

LMAO :lol:
LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol:
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:13 am

just a minor correction, its Tom Dunning, not John. Anyway, I've made no secret of what I think of Miller. I think its great news that she is supporting the other bid, she always loses and has no clue. I dont care if she is Republican, Democrat, Independent or Martian, but I do think the moniker 'stupid [deleted]' fits her perfectly. I'm so sick of her crap I could puke.
Hoop Fan

Next

Return to Around the Hilltop