PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tuition at SMU does cost more

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby EastStang » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:25 pm

I'm really pretty surprised that Rice's tuition is where it is. When I was at SMU it was about 2/3rds of our tuition. They have a huge endowment.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:27 pm

EastStang wrote:I'm really pretty surprised that Rice's tuition is where it is. When I was at SMU it was about 2/3rds of our tuition. They have a huge endowment.

I dated a girl with a huge endowment but it did not lower the tuition any. :lol:
mrydel

Postby CalallenStang » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Nacho wrote:Let me set the record straight about USC. Their average SAT is 1350 and GPA 4.0 for entering freshmen. If anyone "chose" SMU over USC it probably had more to do with the fact that they couldn't get into USC. The average SAT at SMU is 1200 and the GPA is 3.4.

Let's see...I'd be above the average SAT at USC and have above a 5 on a 5.0 GPA scale...yet I do not consider them in my current college search and SMU is one of the tops on my list. No, I do not have any family relation to SMU. I don't know why anyone would shell out so much money to go to a college located in a slum in a city filled with pollution. SMU is located in the Park Cities, Dallas doesn't have terribly bad pollution, and the SMU merit scholarships are much better. Plus, when you are an SMU fan, it makes winning one game seem huge. At USC, if your football team doesn't compete for the national title, you're down in the dumps all football season.
CalallenStang

Postby EastStang » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:57 am

mrdel, you left yourself open for a body slam, but in the spirit of the Season, I will let that pass. Have a great holiday.
EastStang

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:01 pm

Nacho wrote:Let me set the record straight about USC. Their average SAT is 1350 and GPA 4.0 for entering freshmen. If anyone "chose" SMU over USC it probably had more to do with the fact that they couldn't get into USC. The average SAT at SMU is 1200 and the GPA is 3.4.

They will let kids in. I don't think there is much restriction on admission. Nobody can pay that tuition. I went there before SMU for 1.5 yrs. Didn't like Los Angeles at all.
Pony_Fan

Postby smu01 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:27 am

thank god i was on a full scholarship!!!!!! but i still dont think there is a huge difference from a degree from smu and a degree from texas(i mean what you actually learn while at either one)...the only difference is smaller classes and way to much dam money......but go stangs!!!!!!
stay low boys...keep those feet moving....be perfect.........
smu01
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop