PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs Southern Methodist

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:38 pm

OK but if a Natural Disaster obliterates your hometown don't go praying to God for his mercy!!!
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby couch 'em » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:52 pm

abezontar wrote:yeah, back when they started letting women preach and letting people of different ethnicities go to the same church....you people are tools

I'm not particularly religious, nor do I care what sexual orientation any claims, but I think the difference is in this case that most Christians believe that the Bible forbids being homosexual, and thus openly allowing unrepentant gays in is somewhat of a contradiction, not necessarily a indication of hate.
couch 'em

Postby abezontar » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:58 pm

the bible also very clearly states that women should not be in positions of leadership in the church and that they are to hold any questions or comments they have about what is going on until they are in the privacy of their own homes and can ask their husbands what was up. It also very explicitly advocates slavery.....go check Paul's letters, does that mean we should chastise any church that allows women to hold positions of leadership and doesn't believe that we should keep slaves? Those are contradictions that are apparent in most churches nowadays.

The way I see it, if you are against homosexuality (not that I am) and you believe that it is a choice (which I would surmise that most who are opposed to homosexuality would agree with) what better way to show them the error of their ways then to include them in your community so that you can subtlely show them how much "better" their lives would be if they weren't homosexual and followed the purported teachings of the bible. Again that is just the logic I see in the situation for those of you out there who would be upset if a homosexual came into your church community.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby couch 'em » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:13 am

Touche on the women thing.

I don't see how anyone can claim that homosexuals aren't born that way - at least some of them. You can clearly see it with children - some kids are just more wired in the brain like the opposite sex. But then again, religious beliefs are not based on things like logic or evidence.
couch 'em

yeah

Postby mavsrage311 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:01 am

I've always preferred SMU over Southern Methodist
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:49 am

OK but if a diseased Yak infests your patriachal homestead don't be praying to God for forgiveness.
Stallion

Postby abezontar » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:01 pm

I'm more worried about a diseased duck, chicken or cow than I am a yak....although yak cheese is supposed to be good.....maybe I will have one imported.

abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby White Helmet » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:54 pm

I prefer SMU. In the Biomedical field if you say Southern Methodist, people think you came from some obscure hospital.
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:48 pm

Personally, I've always been a fan of Universidad Metodista del Sur myself.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby mustangbill67 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:53 pm

Ah, the "mestenos" ! I like it.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:00 pm

I would suspect that most Methodists probably don't care one way or another. But it is for the leadership of the church to spell out the rules of the church. One of the doctrines of the UMC has that sinners must come forward and renounce their sins. I think if you substituted homosexuality with another sin, say open and unrepenent adultery, or habitual drunkenness, or abuse of your spouse, or pedophilia, you would find people a whole lot less forgiving. Those sins are no less or no greater than homosexuality. JMHO. Anyway, I hope it doesn't adversely affect recruiting.
EastStang

Postby jtstang » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:10 pm

Are frequent trips to the 'vard considered "habitual"?
jtstang

Postby NavyCrimson » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:58 pm

luv it - stallion!

touche
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby abezontar » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:15 am

so far the yak appears healthy

abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:58 pm

I'm with you East - all are welcome - we all have our issues - but don't act like the homo thing is not an issue with the big guy - it is an issue because it is unnatural.

And if a tsunami wipes out your football team do not come crying to god for forgiveness.
gostangs

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop