PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs Southern Methodist

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PK » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:00 am

gostangs, you are allowed to say "God"...unless I have some how misunderstood your use of the term "the big guy." If you're going to get religious and all moral on us on an athletic forum no less...at least call a spade a spade. The big guy indeed. :roll:
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby couch 'em » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 am

PK wrote:The big guy indeed.

Copeland?
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby abezontar » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:52 am

well, if we are going to start talking about what is and isn't an issue with the big guy, and therefore should keep the chruch closed to those who do it let's talk about divorce. One of the few things most biblical scholars will agree that they can attribute to Jesus is that divorce is wrong, and yet most chruches openly accept divorced members into their congregations and as clergy. If we are going to get huffy about letting homosexuals in we better not stop with just them.

Additionally, while I admittedly haven't been paying as much attention to the doctrine of the methodist chruch lately I would assume that they have changed the actual doctine to condone homosexuality (the church still is too largely based in the south in my opinion for that too occur). I would guess that what you heard/saw was that the church is trying to open up to them in order that they might be "healed" or "saved" in the parlance of our times, again that would be no different then what the church does for divorcees or any other number of sinners. LIke those who are greedy and do nothing but amass wealth, we all know where they will be going when they die...something about a needle and a camel I believe?
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop