PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Nauseating Christmas Moment

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Nauseating Christmas Moment

Postby EastStang » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:43 pm

My nephew was wearing a LONGHORN hat. I told him that was just wrong. I guess I'll have to get him a Pony hat to wear.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smupony94 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:58 pm

How about having to open presents staring at a santa dressed up in TCU gear? With my nephew running around laughing because he got TCU Fwogs (he is 4) t-shirts.
smupony94

Postby smupony94 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:59 pm

One more - At least my sister has agreed to sneak in some SMU outfits for my niece.
smupony94

Postby No Cal Pony » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:17 pm

get the kids hooked while they are young. the only hat my son will wear most willingly is his "go ponies" hat.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby Damon'sDaMan » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:57 pm

I'm trying to do my part -- I gave SMU gear to kids of friends who graduated from SMU (of course), Texas, Arkansas, Yale, Indiana, NYU, TCU and New Mexico.
Damon'sDaMan
Junior Varsity

Postby Spaz » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:38 pm

smupony94 wrote:How about having to open presents staring at a santa dressed up in TCU gear? With my nephew running around laughing because he got TCU Fwogs (he is 4) t-shirts.

That is the worst thing I've ever heard. Talk about taking the Christ outta Christmas...
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby NavyCrimson » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:13 pm

i know the feeling too - eaststang -

"My nephew was wearing a LONGHORN hat. I told him that was just wrong. I guess I'll have to get him a Pony hat to wear."

my son luvs the tea-sips b/c his grandmother lives in texas (texarkana) -

he luvs baseball where they excel (unfortunately) -

thx God he'll go to school in calif when we cross that step & NOT TEXAS!!!

putting it another way, i'll make sure his baseball scouting videos will never end up in austin, berzerkley's sister city -
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby EastStang » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:04 am

I guess the first step is getting recruited. If he has choices, go to the school with the best coach whether that's UT, Rice, Tulane or the Little Sisters of the Poor. If he doesn't get recruited, choose a school with a good coach and not many scholarship players. As I learned at SMU, as an all-league second baseman in high school, who got cut, the vision of the coach is equally important. During hitting tryouts on the first pitch, I squared around to bunt and laid down a perfect bunt. Coach Finley said, "son we don't do that [do do] around here." Since I drove in about a dozen runs on squeeze bunts in high school, that was a serious problem. You see he coach envisioned a power line-up. I had played in a scratch for every run you can get environment which meant contact hitting, squeeze bunts, stolen bases and solid defense.
EastStang

Postby NavyCrimson » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:07 am

wow - but it doesn't surprise me with many coaches / good advice though & thx -
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Return to Around the Hilltop