PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

DMN - Bevo News in the Observer

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

DMN - Bevo News in the Observer

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:46 pm

For those of you disgusted with the DMN, the Observer writes about the Austin Morning News

http://news.dallasobserver.com/Issues/2 ... whitt.html

Exerpt: This from a paper that lives down the street from SMU, 30 miles from a TCU team that finished 11-1 and in a city that is home to neither Texas nor any member of the Big 12 Conference. Makes you wonder who runs the rag these days, Belo or Bevo?

"There's a lot of UT alumni here, sure, but there are a lot from OU, too, and they didn't get the same treatment when they won the title," Williams said. "And I don't think I recall any Pony Express posters when SMU flirted with the championship back in the '80s. How they covered UT like it was Dallas' team was more than a little strange."
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LonghornFan68 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:19 pm

Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:45 pm

Hey I just noticed my Nephew trumped the alleged GREAT UT CONSPIRACY in the Dallas Observer. The cover page of the January 19 Dallas Observer listed above has a story about a bunch of HP High School kids directed by my Nephew who made a award winning film adventure series in my brother's back room. Instead, of glorifying the great Texas Longhorns and their National Championship there is a story about high school filmakers. Perhaps its time to ackowledge the Great Stallion Conspiracy.
Stallion

Postby giacfsp » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:55 pm

I'd rather read about your nephew's film.
Good for him!
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:25 pm

Stallion wrote:Hey I just noticed my Nephew trumped the alleged GREAT UT CONSPIRACY in the Dallas Observer. The cover page of the January 19 Dallas Observer listed above has a story about a bunch of HP High School kids directed by my Nephew who made a award winning film adventure series in my brother's back room. Instead, of glorifying the great Texas Longhorns and their National Championship there is a story about high school filmakers. Perhaps its time to ackowledge the Great Stallion Conspiracy.

I read the story, pretty nerdy but cool. Basically manipulating games to create a mini-movie storyline...it's called the Codex and movies are called machinima - it's catching on ...
Pony_Fan

Return to Around the Hilltop