PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

God Speed to good old Eddie Sutton

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

God Speed to good old Eddie Sutton

Postby RodeoDC » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:47 am

Old Eddie is battling demons, folks. Demons that reside at the bottom of glasses, flasks and mason jars. Demons that can lead you to excessive libations.

It reminds me of the demons that plagued me on Hilltop, the Demons that drove me to make a habit of getting drunk with Mickey's liquor and good timing with the ladies of Ft. Worth. Many nights, I awoke on the banks of the Trinity with two purple vixens draped over me like so many blankets...and the smell of alcohol and fornication all around us. Was it wrong to forsake the comfort of Hilltop sorority sisters.

Hell Yes....and I feel like a heretic to this day for forsaking my sisters...

But those froggies made it so damned easy....

Yes, folks, I dealt with these purple demons for years. And, I was an easy target. Because, afterall, the ladies at TCU were easy pickings, always willing to take a few steps up the ladder and engage in roughhousing with a Stallion from the East banks of the Trinity...yes, I preyed on these vulnerable girls, not out of anything more sinister than lust and accessibility.

These are the same demons that haunt Mr. Sutton, in a way. Afterall, it's much easier to just pick up the bottle and swig it on down. Much harder to turn it away and request an ice team.

A solid analogy....no. But, the point is clear - just as I finally had to get over my habit of taking the easy road to pleasure, so too must old Eddie Sutton.
RodeoDC

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:24 pm

Rodeo..I cannot tell you how HAPPY!! I am to have you back..your posts are great.....I miss our old days discussions at the Mustang Shop with Bball, may he rest in peace....long live bball.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby EastStang » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:31 pm

Now that you're in DC just stay away from the Potomac its wayyy deeper than the Trinity. Also if you end up drinking in Georgetown it might be a good idea to stay away from the Exorcist steps.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LonghornFan68 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:37 pm

Isn't "god speed" usually reserved for someone who is dead?
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:58 pm

No you can say that to some one who is sailing away into the sunset. Its kind of a nautical term in that once you're at sea you're at whatever speed God determines by blowing the wind at you.
EastStang

Postby RodeoDC » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:56 am

Longhorn Fan, Godspeed is a general phrase for "good luck" or "safe travels", etc..
RodeoDC

Postby Stampede » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:37 pm

Great post , RodeoDC!! That is the way I remember your career at SMU...

Don't be a stranger on PonyFans.
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:19 pm

HixsontoLeVias wrote:Rodeo..I cannot tell you how HAPPY!! I am to have you back..your posts are great.....I miss our old days discussions at the Mustang Shop with Bball, may he rest in peace....long live bball.

Rest in peace? Please clarify. Are you being sarcastic about the Maniacs poster formerly known as bball?
Hoop Fan

Postby RodeoDC » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:29 pm

Stampede, good to be back. Things are cold and snowy in DC.
I've got to brush up on my Hilltop athletics...it's been some time since I've watched an FB game. Saw the soccer team lose to Maryland in the NCAAs. Other than that, no Mustangs making it to the national tv schedule.
RodeoDC

Return to Around the Hilltop