PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Lawsuit Over Eminent Domain Could Snarl Bush Library Plans

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Law License

Postby PK » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:02 pm

MUSTANGFOREVER69 wrote:PK, don't take this wrong, but most people who graduate from law school take the Bar Exam right after they graduate - like I did. I graduated from SMU Law School in May of 1973 and took the Bar Exam in June of 1973 and I got my passing score back in September of that year and was sworn in on September 20, 1973, and I've been practicing ever since that date to today.

It's actually odd to see a one year gap from the time someone graduates from law school and when they get licensed. It usually means that the individual took the Bar Exam and flunked it the first time. I can't say that that's what happened with respect to Mr. Vodicka or not. But, I will say that the one year gap from when he graduated and got licensed jumps off of the page at me.
Well he wouldn't be the first one to take it more than once...and that may say alot about the gentleman (?)...no?
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Our Friend Mr. WantabeRichWithoutWorkingForIt

Postby MUSTANGFOREVER69 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:00 am

Pk, thankfully, you understood what I was saying. And, I haven't said nor am I saying that the SOB ever flunked the Bar exam ...but, it's possible...isn't it...n'est-ce-pas? And, it's also possible that this SOB is nothing more than a "money-grubing wantabe" who wants to get rich quick rather than working for it.

Oh how I wish that the attorneys handling this case for the University would take a very very agressive approach with this SOB!

I realize that because of the stakes there may very well be some timerity on our side of the litigation, but, that needs to be put aside if we hope to have any chance of succeeding in seeing the George W. Bush Library on our campus. We can't be timid about trying to achieve this result. If we want the Library, we need to fight for it. And, if that means taking on some lesser-light like Mr. Vodicka, then so be it. We've got to become unafraid of our shadows and get out and kick some a***! There'senough "suggestions" of what needs to be presented as evidence to shut down Mr. Vodicka's case on this thread - not just what I've pointed to, but even more importantly, to what "PB's Mustache" found and posted for us from the public records.

Webmasters, if you can discreetly, and in a way that won't offend the University's counsel in the litigation, pass on what's been posted here, and suggest that it might be helpful in the University's defense of this litigation, it may be helpful. If you encounter any sign of a lack of interest, please contact me, and I'll be more than happy to talk with our counsel - and, if necessary to their client.
MUSTANGFOREVER69
Scout Team

Postby friarwolf » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:01 am

I hope Turner instructs our legal team to bury this cheesy piece of fecal matter under two tons of paperwork - as well as conducting a public relations assault exposing him for what he is - a loser.
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby friarwolf » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:09 am

Another thought. Since sleazy slickster has subpoenaed the other universities, maybe they should all ban together and bury him under 8 tons of paperwork.
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby SMU Football Blog » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:01 am

The Texas Bar passing rate is in the mid 70's%. It isn't a particlularly hard exam relative to other states. The likely scenario is the guy failed once or twice, but there are reasons somebody might wait to take the bar. I know a woman that waited. Of course, she had a baby in early July, I kinda doubt that is this gentleman's excuse.

Some people that I know that failed their respective bars I have a great deal of respect for. A couple of them, well, let's just say I don't give them many referrals.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:57 pm

My law school valedictorian balked at taking the bar exam because she didn't have everything perfectly memorized. She is now a federal judge. And some folks after law school take the summer off to go travelling and then sit for the bar in February. And then a larger percentage sit for the bar exam, fail and take it again in February. I've also known people who failed bar exams because of illness including food poisoning. But Virginia is one of the more difficult exams historically. They only allow you to write your essay answers on two sides of a blue book page. I still remember one poor guy when I took the exam, went up after about two hours and asked for another book because he had run out of space. The bar examiner just laughed at him. And then there's the friend I had that took the bar exam 4 times before passing. And he's getting to be a pretty good lawyer because he's very conscientious. That said, the bar reprimand against this guy tells me all I need to know about the guy's ethics.
EastStang

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:54 pm

A man fighting Southern Methodist University's plans to demolish the condos he lives in scored a victory in a Dallas court Tuesday but may only have delayed the wrecking ball by three months.
District Judge Kent Sims granted Gary Vodicka 90 days to have engineering experts he hired inspect the University Gardens condominiums, which SMU says it owns.
S. Leon Bennett, SMU's lead counsel, said he interprets the ruling to mean that the university can tear down the condos as soon as Vodicka's inspections are finished.
Vodicka, a 1986 graduate of SMU law school, is contesting his alma mater's claim that the 347-unit condos at the edge of SMU's campus are "obsolete." He represented himself during the proceedings Tuesday.
SMU officials say they now own the entire property. Lawyers for the university called Vodicka a "squatter" who dragged his feet on earlier opportunities to inspect the property.
SMU officials acknowledged that the site might be used to build the George W. Bush presidential library, should the university win the competition for the library. Three other universities in Dallas, Waco and Lubbock are competing with SMU to host the library, a multimillion dollar project expected to attract tourism and scholarship.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/new ... 932212.htm
MrMustang1965

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop