PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Anna Nicole

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Anna Nicole

Postby mrydel » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:23 pm

Ms. Smith goes before the Supreme Court on Tuesday. Good thing the Justices are wearing robes.
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smupony94 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:29 pm

Hope this judge is not one of the justices. From an Associated Press release:

Thursday August 19, 9:37 AM

Oklahoma judge accused of masturbating resigns

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (Reuters) - An Oklahoma judge facing removal over charges that he masturbated and used a device for enhancing erections under his robes during trials said on Wednesday he would retire from the bench.

Creek County District Judge Donald Thompson, 57, wrote to Oklahoma Gov. Brad Henry resigning effective Sept. 1, a move that will allow him to retire with a full pension.

A former state representative and a judge for 22 years, Thompson was accused by state Attorney General Drew Edmondson of using a "p**** pump" to enhance erections during trials and exposing himself to a court reporter several times while masturbating on the bench.

The state Court on the Judiciary was scheduled to hear a motion on Friday to suspend Thompson.

The judge has denied the charges and did not refer to them in his letter of resignation.

"I have greatly enjoyed my public service and offer my gratitude for the public trust reposed in me during the terms I served," he said.
smupony94

Postby mrydel » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:37 pm

Asking that question would not be worse that the others that are asked during confirmation. But I would imagine it would be grounds for not confirming if true.
mrydel

Postby ponyplayer » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:35 pm

sounds like he actually did "greatly enjoy"......................
ponyplayer
All-American

Postby EastStang » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:37 am

I think an SMU law grad argued the case on Anna's behalf.
EastStang

Postby NavyCrimson » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:42 am

well - that's our legal system for ya :cry:
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby Houston Pony » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:49 am

Actually, an SMU law grad whupped her [deleted] in court down in Houston.
His name is Rusty Hardin, and he's the greatest lawyer in America.
When he was an assistant DA down in Houston, he was the guy who got the death penalty for Karla Fay Tucker. She was the first woman executed in like, a hundred years in Texas.
Then he went out on his own, and got affletes like Warren Moon out of wifebeating charges, Scottie Pippen out of drunk driving, and Calvin Murphy out of child molesting charges.
During that time, he also defended Arthur Andersen, and got a hung jury in what was supposed to be a slam dunk for the government prosecution.
He's the man.
Houston Pony
Junior Varsity

Postby Kappas Are Yummy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:59 am

Houston Pony wrote:Actually, an SMU law grad whupped her [deleted] in court down in Houston.
His name is Rusty Hardin, and he's the greatest lawyer in America.
When he was an assistant DA down in Houston, he was the guy who got the death penalty for Karla Fay Tucker. She was the first woman executed in like, a hundred years in Texas.
Then he went out on his own, and got affletes like Warren Moon out of wifebeating charges, Scottie Pippen out of drunk driving, and Calvin Murphy out of child molesting charges.
During that time, he also defended Arthur Andersen, and got a hung jury in what was supposed to be a slam dunk for the government prosecution.
He's the man.

Man, I hope you're kidding. (It's late and I could be reading you the wrong way. If so I apologize.)

So he's successfully defended wifebeaters, drunk drivers, child molesters and business cheats? Sounds like a hell of a guy. :roll:
Just my two cents.
Kappas Are Yummy
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:35 am

well see that's the thing about those silly little constitutional rights like due process, innocent until proven guilty, the presumption of innocence and the right to face your accuser-they only seem to make sense when your [deleted] is on the line. But we note that you are willing to waive all YOUR rights in the future.
Stallion

Postby Kappas Are Yummy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:41 pm

Stallion wrote:well see that's the thing about those silly little constitutional rights like due process, innocent until proven guilty, the presumption of innocence and the right to face your accuser-they only seem to make sense when your [deleted] is on the line. But we note that you are willing to waive all YOUR rights in the future.

FINALLY. We now know what area of law Stallion practices. He must have been an OJ Simpson defense lawyer! 8)
Just my two cents.
Kappas Are Yummy
Junior Varsity

Postby EastStang » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:10 pm

No, Stallion is stating the mantra that all lawyers are taught the day that they first sit in a law school class. That lawyers stand between totalitarianism and the free republic that we have. And that ten criminals should go free rather than one innocent man going to jail. That's how we sleep at night. And yes, every dirtbag should have an attorney.
EastStang

Postby MFFL02 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:03 pm

She is hot again!
I miss Troy Matthews.
MFFL02
All-American

Postby mrydel » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:28 pm

EastStang wrote:No, Stallion is stating the mantra that all lawyers are taught the day that they first sit in a law school class. That lawyers stand between totalitarianism and the free republic that we have. And that ten criminals should go free rather than one innocent man going to jail. That's how we sleep at night. And yes, every dirtbag should have an attorney.

You just have to live with it EastStang. All lawyers are scumbags until we need you. Its like we bankers. We will only lend money to those that do not need it But need a car or a home and we become sterling citizens.
mrydel

Postby EastStang » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:25 am

I make my living fighting with the IRS and planning how to reduce taxes. I stay away from criminal law like the plague. But we are all subject to being drafted by a Judge somewhere to represent a needy person in a criminal trial and get paid $250 for the privilege. Luckily, the judge here has lost my name.
EastStang

Postby mrydel » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:45 am

EastStang wrote:I make my living fighting with the IRS and planning how to reduce taxes. I stay away from criminal law like the plague. But we are all subject to being drafted by a Judge somewhere to represent a needy person in a criminal trial and get paid $250 for the privilege. Luckily, the judge here has lost my name.

I used to work as a PI in Arlington and occasionally got assigned to Public Defenders case. Worked a Capital Murder case in Ft. Worth. We were able to petition for additional funds but if your are not wealthy you are probably going to fry.
mrydel

Next

Return to Around the Hilltop