PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Is Sigma Chi getting kicked off too?

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Is Sigma Chi getting kicked off too?

Postby PerunaRaider » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:11 pm

I read in the Daily Campus Sigma Chi was being invetigated for hazing and I recently heard they were caught red handed by a police officer making pledges do bows and toes.....Does anyone know the status of their investigation.
PerunaRaider
Recruit

Postby JesuitPony » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:15 pm

Bows and toes never hurt anyone, did they? I wonder how much longer the Greek system has on the Hilltop? I graduated in '95 and my house is already gone.
JesuitPony
All-American

Postby abezontar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:26 pm

for the uninitiated what are boes and toes?
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:32 pm

JesuitPony wrote:Bows and toes never hurt anyone, did they? I wonder how much longer the Greek system has on the Hilltop? I graduated in '95 and my house is already gone.
Which fraternity are you a member of?
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:25 pm

According to the Daily Campus, the Fijis and Phi Delts also were under investigation for hazing this semester
East Coast Mustang

Postby JesuitPony » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:28 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:
JesuitPony wrote:Bows and toes never hurt anyone, did they? I wonder how much longer the Greek system has on the Hilltop? I graduated in '95 and my house is already gone.
Which fraternity are you a member of?

Beta
JesuitPony
All-American

Postby ponydawg » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:07 pm

abezontar,
bows and toes, where you lie on your elbows and toes with nothing else touching the hardwood floor.

I remember when the cops walked in on us right as we were about to take the goats virginity......that was sarcasm.....it was a Lamb.
Relax, Just kiddng.
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUPhil » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:19 pm

Last year was absolutely ridiculous in terms of enforcement of rules among IFC. The sorority system is run like a machine, none of them want to break rules, dirty rush, etc, because they are all so afraid of being turned in by another sorority. IFC is a joke when it comes to this, it's more of a good ole boy system where every "has each other's backs". Either enforce the rules or get rid of them, but don't play this look-the-other-way game.

Some things that I witnessed in the few years I was greek:

-All fraternities signed the alcohol-free rush agreement with the IFC advisor. As soon as he leaves the room, most of the other fraternity presidents laughed and said "ha, ok we all know this is BS, so just don't get caught." Our house was trying to follow the rules after having been cleaned out by the national hq the year before. During rush rounds, the IFC director took a bunch of the school administrators on a tour of what actually went on. They poked their heads in each house, but not enough to see anything bad. They then came into our house and knowing that we were following the rules, the IFC advisor demanded to have a "random inspection." They walked all upstairs, looking into each room, and the IFC guy turns to the satisfied administrators and says "see, our alcohol free rush is working really well." Meanwhile, we have the next rush round spilling in the front door, tightly grasping their red cups from the previous house.

-A certain fraternity had a hazing event that sent 4 guys to the hospital. One guy had broken ribs, a punctured/collapsed lung, and a dislocated shoulder. He refused to call his parents, file a report, or even talk about what had happened. His RA's ended up calling an ambulance for him. A certain dean who was also the fraternity's national president did nothing about this, even when several RA's reported these pledges coming in night after night with tons of injuries.

Again, I'm not against drinking or having fun, but I hated the swift arm of justice that would swing down on a fledgling fraternity, hoping it will serve as an example for the bigger guys. Kinda like SMU getting the DP...definitely deserved it, but wasn't the only one. It was a real testament to SMU's character when they hauled off the Alpha Phi Alpha members in handcuffs.
Sent from my Motorola brick.
SMUPhil
All-American

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:28 pm

SMUPhil wrote:...Some things that I witnessed in the few years I was greek...
Aren't you still a Greek? Remember: you're a LIFETIME member of your fraternity or sorority. Unless you turn in your badge. :shock:
MrMustang1965

Postby SMUPhil » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:54 pm

You got it, although we didn't really have badges to turn in.
SMUPhil
All-American

Postby SMUPhil » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm

Sigma Chi did give us Rogers Healy, so they've got that going for them. For what it's worth, I hope no fraternity gets kicked off, because a bulk of those severe problems are usually from a small group within each fraternity.
SMUPhil
All-American

Postby McClown27 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:26 pm

Boy, it is hard to even remember all of the frats. :shock:
Willis to slot receiver!
McClown27
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:16 pm

McClown27 wrote:Boy, it is hard to even remember all of the frats. :shock:
Don't call 'em 'frats'. They're fraternities. You wouldn't call a 'country' a (crude name for part of female anatomy), would you?
MrMustang1965

Postby JesuitPony » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:40 pm

I agree with McClown27's post about a few clowns (pardon the pun) spoiling the fun for everybody else. On a completely different note, does anyone know when SMU will play UCF in football? I can see the Citrus Bowl from my office and am looking forward to the day the Mustangs come to town to take on the Golden Knights.
JesuitPony
All-American

Postby abezontar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:55 pm

the term frat is deragatory? Since when?
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Around the Hilltop