PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

AD Search

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby SMU Football Blog » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:57 pm

Pony_Fan wrote:I just posted this on the bball board. Does anyone have "THE COMMITTMENT" press release - I'd love to see that about now.

Did you ever doubt who would deliver for ya? HERE
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponydawg » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:04 pm

Man that is good for a laugh.....

So do we still have one more year left of the "committment"
til the master plan completes its goal.

“The goal of the five-year master plan is to bring SMU football and basketball back to national prominence, winning bowl games and NCAA championships while operating with integrity,”

Next year should be AWESOME!
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:21 pm

Here's the 'official' job posting for AD at SMU:

Position: Athletic Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
Salary: Unspecified
Institution: Southern Methodist University
Date posted: 2/16/2006

Learn more about this institution in The Chronicle's Employer Profiles section.

SOUTHERN METHODIST UNIVERSITY
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR OF INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS

Southern Methodist University, a member of Conference USA, seeks an Athletic Director for its Division 1-A NCAA athletics program.
Southern Methodist University is a private, coeducational institution. Student enrollment is approximately 11,000, of whom 40% are graduate students. Doctoral degrees are awarded in various fields of the humanities, sciences, engineering, and professional disciplines. The University has 636 faculty members and library holdings of almost three million volumes. Its endowment exceeds $1 billion. The main campus consists of 76 neo-Georgian buildings on a 175-acre site located in residential University Park, a city surrounded by Dallas.

The Athletic Director reports to the President and is a member of the President's Executive Council and will provide strong leadership in the administration of the Athletic Department ensuring the most effective and efficient use of personnel and financial resources. The Director will oversee planning within the Department to provide for the continued development and growth of a comprehensive Division I Intercollegiate athletics program that adheres to the rules, regulations, and policies of the University and the NCAA. Administrative responsibilities involve the hiring and retention of quality coaches and administrative personnel; the development of short- and long-term financial plans and budgets; the negotiation of media and sponsorship contracts; and the coordination and oversight of athletics facilities.

The Athletic Director is also responsible for the development and maintenance of effective marketing and promotion programs to promote a positive image of athletics and the University and aid in ticket sales and attendance at Intercollegiate athletics events. These programs should provide an excitement about athletics at SMU. The Director is expected to consult and interact effectively with the academic community and its leadership. Through the internal and external administration of the Athletics Department, the Director will ensure that student athletes achieve academic success culminating in graduation from SMU.

Candidates for the position will have at a minimum a bachelor's degree; significant administrative experience; leadership skills including effective management and motivation; highly effective interpersonal skills with diverse constituencies; and proven fund-raising ability. Further, the candidates will have a proven ability to implement effective marketing and promotion programs; excellent oral and written communications skills; the highest commitment to integrity, equity, and diversity; commitment to the enforcement of NCAA rules and regulations; ability to recruit outstanding coaches who in turn can recruit the best student athletes; a commitment to the academic standards of the University; and a commitment to the University's strategic planning process.

Review of applications and nominations will continue until the position is filled and will be held in confidence until finalists are selected. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of application, resume of education, qualifications, background, and experience, along with the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least five professional references as soon as possible to:

Mr. Robert E. Beaudine
President & CEO
Eastman & Beaudine, Inc.
7201 Bishop Road
Suite 220
Plano, Texas 75024
ceo@eastman-beaudine.com

SMU is an AA/EO Employer. The University particularly encourages the candidacies of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.

http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000448567-01
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:46 pm

SMU Football Blog wrote:
Pony_Fan wrote:I just posted this on the bball board. Does anyone have "THE COMMITTMENT" press release - I'd love to see that about now.

Did you ever doubt who would deliver for ya? HERE

Huh? Was the post deleted - I don't see anything?
Pony_Fan

Postby PK » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:53 pm

Click on the word "HERE".

or you can click on this: http://www.smu.edu/forum/020201news3.html

same thing.
PK

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:20 am

My apologies, thanks Blogman.

What a riot - I know we have failed in pretty much all aspects of this piece. Does anyone know how much the Mustang Club has raised in this period of time since the Committment?
Pony_Fan

Postby PK » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:26 am

You are welcome...glad I could help.... :roll:
PK

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:52 am

I guess nobody else thinks it's funny we are in the 4th year of this Committment Plan.
Pony_Fan

Postby PK » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:00 am

Considering our (lack of) progress...where is the humor?
PK

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:12 am

Maybe funny is not the right word. Laughable and ticked off should be I guess.
Pony_Fan

Postby McClown27 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:12 am

I heard some people wouldn't interview. I don't know who they are, so it looks like they are looking for more finalists.

Anyone know who has already turned us down? I would guess it would be lateral move folks from other non-BCS conferences.
Willis to slot receiver!
McClown27
Heisman

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:01 am

McClown27 wrote:I heard some people wouldn't interview. I don't know who they are, so it looks like they are looking for more finalists.

Anyone know who has already turned us down? I would guess it would be lateral move folks from other non-BCS conferences.

So Castiglione, DeLoss Dodds, and Skip Bertman all said no, huh? :lol:
RGV Pony

Postby McClown27 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:38 am

RGV Pony wrote:
So Castiglione, DeLoss Dodds, and Skip Bertman all said no, huh? :lol:

For some reason, they decided to rest on their laurels. :lol:
Willis to slot receiver!
McClown27
Heisman

Postby SMU Football Blog » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:00 am

If Dodds offered to take the job for free, I would turn him down. He is as much lucky as anything else. He's the genius that gave Macovick an extension.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

AD

Postby BigEasyPony » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:33 pm

I've heard that SMU has already hired the new AD. I'm hearing that the AD at Tulane, Rick Dickson, is going to be the new guy.
BigEasyPony
Junior Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop