PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Deleting Posts and Threads is Getting Out of Hand

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Deleting Posts and Threads is Getting Out of Hand

Postby SMU Football Blog » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:06 am

Seriously, thirty-plus posts were deleted from the Johnson QB thread? Was there anything offensive in them? Not as far as I know. Sure, McClown is acting like an idiot, but the standard for deletion can't be that a thread got derailed. That is crazy.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby LonghornFan68 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:25 am

I don't want to tell anyone how to run their site, but Hornfans.com has a link that states the posting guidelines so that everyone is clear on what can and cannot be said on the site (not that anyone reads them, but hey). Anyway, a statement telling people what is and is not acceptible might be a good idea.

For those interested (I doubt there is anyone, but I try), here is the link to how the hornfans Posting Guidelines are set up: Posting Guidelines

Just my $.02. Keep the change.
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby PonyGirl » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:40 am

The moderators here have been really clear, I think, about what's tolerated and what's not, and frankly, I think they grant more latitude than they should in some cases. However, maybe having it in writing somewhere would be helpful to some.
PonyGirl
Varsity

Postby that's great raplh » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:43 pm

i agree - what is this? V for Vendetta?
that's great raplh
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smupony94 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:55 pm

This is a time for Lamont Cranston
smupony94

Postby Kappas Are Yummy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:10 pm

PonyGirl wrote:The moderators here have been really clear, I think, about what's tolerated and what's not, and frankly, I think they grant more latitude than they should in some cases. However, maybe having it in writing somewhere would be helpful to some.

Figures.

Honestly, I think we're being censored to apease the women who post on this site. How many are there? Two? Maybe three? :roll:
Just my two cents.
Kappas Are Yummy
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyPride » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:09 pm

Actually, we get more complaints from men (which is considerable, considering the fact that more registered site members are men). The intent of this site is clear and has been explained before: to support SMU and its athletic department. Threads that careen into personal attacks -- toward SMU athletics personnel, coaches, student-athletes, their families, or other posters and/or moderators of this site -- run the risk of editing, or partial or complete removal, as well as the potential for suspension or banning of the poster(s) involved. We do not want to go that route, so please don't give us a reason to.
Thank you for understanding.
Webmasters
PonyPride

Postby SMU Football Blog » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:02 pm

PonyPride wrote:Threads that careen into personal attacks -- toward . . . and/or moderators of this site -- run the risk of editing, or partial or complete removal, as well as the potential for suspension or banning of the poster(s) involved.

That's bull-***mmph*** Hey, what the? Ouch! What are you doing with that? Is that a _____

***connection terminated***
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby that's great raplh » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:21 am

i am surprised this thread has not been deleted yet
that's great raplh

Re: Deleting Posts and Threads is Getting Out of Hand

Postby McClown27 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:39 pm

SMU Football Blog wrote:Seriously, thirty-plus posts were deleted from the Johnson QB thread? Was there anything offensive in them? Not as far as I know. Sure, McClown is acting like an idiot, but the standard for deletion can't be that a thread got derailed. That is crazy.

Based on the prior exchanges with people from this board, I am sure they talked about how my disagreement with Mrydel hurts recruiting.
Willis to slot receiver!
McClown27
Heisman

Re: Deleting Posts and Threads is Getting Out of Hand

Postby mrydel » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:46 pm

McClown27 wrote:
SMU Football Blog wrote:Seriously, thirty-plus posts were deleted from the Johnson QB thread? Was there anything offensive in them? Not as far as I know. Sure, McClown is acting like an idiot, but the standard for deletion can't be that a thread got derailed. That is crazy.

Based on the prior exchanges with people from this board, I am sure they talked about how my disagreement with Mrydel hurts recruiting.

I do not agree with much that you say but if you have read any of my past posts, you will know that I am a firm believer that nothing said on this board affects recruiting. That includes what you say or what I say. You might have been a little rough on belittling many people that work long hard hours at SMU to keep the school running well and implying that they are not worthy of benefits that others are. But continuing on that road will get this thread deleted also.
mrydel

Postby abezontar » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:59 am

Can we not be vulgar for 20 minutes?
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:02 pm

Insert here one of my many less than politically correct jokes about manhood, womanhood, trangendered, Aggies, diapers, mentally challenged (is Aggie and Mentally challenged redundant?), etc.
EastStang

Return to Around the Hilltop