PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

http://www.augmentlauren.com/ thread

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

http://www.augmentlauren.com/ thread

Postby couch 'em » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:08 pm

Alright, who got it killed this time?
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby abezontar » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:20 pm

It was probably killed just because it dealt with the private pysical anatomy (that which would be considered obsence if shown in public), that is not considered appropriate discussion for this board. Even if there were ties to SMU.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:28 pm

Ok, this is the first time I have seen a thread deleted. Pathetic.
smupony94

Postby RGV Pony » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:31 pm

smupony94 wrote:Ok, this is the first time I have seen a thread deleted. Pathetic.

Where have you been?
RGV Pony

Postby smupony94 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:31 pm

I gave money to this site - start using it. No wreckless deleting of threads or gerbils going on strike and shutting down site:

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/cusa/phpb ... m.php?f=30
smupony94

Postby smupony94 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:33 pm

RGV Pony wrote:
smupony94 wrote:Ok, this is the first time I have seen a thread deleted. Pathetic.

Where have you been?

Sorry, this is the first time I have actually followed a thread, read what was in it and saw it deleted.
smupony94

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:24 pm

I checked out augmentlauren.com....now I am trying to figure out why you guys are bummed out it was deleted????? Are you guys that bored? What was interesting / intriguing about that site? Help me here......
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby abezontar » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:40 pm

I think it has less to do with the content of the thread that people want back, than the fact that yet another thread has been censured that has people bothered.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:59 pm

again...who cares. and why was this posted on an SMU Mustangs "sports" web site in the first place? If you posted some racial filled anti Jerry LeVias type post, YES!, delete it, OR, some fbomb filled tirade about Coach Tubbs...delete...but, why was this posted, and why is ANYONE upset about its fade? "IF" legit posts are deleted, I could see your point, but in this case, well done webmasters...
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby SMU Football Blog » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:02 pm

Exactly. Who cares? This is the "Around the Hilltop" forum, or "General" forum. Who cares what goes here? If it is legitimately offensive, i.e. not suitable for prime time television, then that is one thing, but if someone merely finds it annoying, then that is something else. The thread was harmless; it should have stayed.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:11 pm

..a thread about some exhibitionist scants beasts and drinking binges and flirtatious encounters should have stayed????? WOW, smublog, I think you are sniffing to much PE resin.....
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby Corso » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:13 pm

SMU Football Blog wrote:Exactly. Who cares? This is the "Around the Hilltop" forum, or "General" forum....
That's true -- on a board that is in existence to support SMU athletics. The W Library rants are related, insofar as they will impact fund-raising, on-campus traffic, university visibility and media attention, etc. Even the Burger Wars topic is vaguely related, since as we know, food is a big part of game day, whether it's on the Boulevard or in the form of a post-game dinner at one of many local eateries. But this topic is irrelevant. Blog is right in the sense that there's nothing truly offensive here, but I see no reason to keep it, and wouldn't mind if it was scrapped.
Just my two cents.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:19 pm

I wouldn't mind if about half the people on this board were scrapped. On the other hand, I found her charming and delightful. I want to see how things develop!!! About 1,000% times more interesting than watching a bunch of fat boys post about where they found the latest half pound burger to fill their fat asses or whatever Hixson-To-LeVias is babbling on about.
Stallion

Postby bagice » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:21 pm

IMO,

This is the general board for ponyfans and some leeway needs to be granted. Sure, that site was mildy amusing at best but it certainly didn't warrant the deletion of the whole thread.

Of course, this is not my board and I don't run it but I would hope some common guidelines are followed that exist in most successful PHP communities.

I have no problem with keeping the board friendly and family oriented but this seems to be getting a bit silly.

We need to find a balance and it seems we are tipping too far to the right and could be in danger of losing posters to another board(s).

Lets face it, this is supposed to be a "mostly" sports community board, yet we seem to be policed FAR more than other sports and university boards and I am not sure why. Something posted here that would not even raise an eyebrow on most every other board gets deleted.
bagice
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:22 pm

As a point of clarity, with no respect as to whether or not it should have ever been posted in the first place, if any of you recall this site was introduced here once before and turned a little raunchy. It then, for that reason was deleted. That is why, if anyone noticed prior to deletion, I commented as to wondering how long it would last. It is my opinion that this time it got deleted prior to the raunchiness that we all know would have occured had it continued. A preemptive strike.
mrydel

Next

Return to Around the Hilltop