PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Highland Park QB

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Highland Park QB

Postby ponydawg » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:15 pm

Per the DMN:

Stafford off to flying start at Georgia

Keep a close watch on Highland Park's Matthew Stafford, who may be starting at quarterback for Georgia, maybe not to start the season, but at least at some point during it.

Stafford, who enrolled early at Georgia, threw a 64-yard touchdown pass during the Bulldogs' spring game and he finished 5-for-12 for 102 yards. The two quarterbacks he is battling, senior Joe Tereshinski and redshirt freshman James Cox, combined for six interceptions.
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:42 pm

*yawn*
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dutch » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:09 pm

wow, and to think that some people on this message board might care about HP Athletics. there are actually quite a few, you may be surprised to find out.

i'll definately remember your "*yawn*" comment next time you post one of your NUMEROUS boring articles about the Stephen F. Austin Bobcats former right tackle who is now coaching field hockey in East Rutheford.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby covok48 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:55 am

Don't get your panties in a twist.
---------------

"If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning isn't very exciting." -- [deleted] Vermeil
covok48
Junior Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:50 am

Phil_Bennett's_Mustache wrote:wow, and to think that some people on this message board might care about HP Athletics. there are actually quite a few, you may be surprised to find out.

i'll definately remember your "*yawn*" comment next time you post one of your NUMEROUS boring articles about the Stephen F. Austin Bobcats former right tackle who is now coaching field hockey in East Rutheford.
PBM: Stafford is now at Georgia. He's no longer at HP. Heck, I'm a grad of HP so I fall into the category of 'care about HP athletics'. I love reading about Scots who are considering or signed on with the Mustangs. Wish there were a LOT more of them! Unfortunately, Stafford ain't one of 'em.

This is an SMU message board. And anytime I post something about SAM HOUSTON STATE (not the Lumberjerks of SFA) it's because there's an SMU connection.
MrMustang1965

Postby McClown27 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:25 am

He was scared about competing with Willis for the job.
Willis to slot receiver!
McClown27
Heisman

Postby No Quarter » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:20 am

Who will the next HP quarterback be? Does he have a chance of playing 1-A football? Any chance SMU is in the running for him?

And how about the younger Weatherford boy in Florida?
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby ponydawg » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:10 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:This is an SMU message board.

yes this is a SMU Message Board but I posted it in the Around the Hilltop.....and HP is "around" the hilltop :lol:

No Quarter,
I think that the next qb actually played last year when Stafford was hurt. He beat Denton Ryan I think. Belive his name is Webb and he played WR last year when he was not playing QB. Think he has a bunch of brothers who played QB there.

Sorry to bore you MrMustang1965 :roll:
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:16 pm

he's the younger brother of Alexander Webb who considering transfering ton SMU from Northwestern several years ago.
Stallion

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:16 pm

ponydawg: you're not boring me...i apologize for my comments earlier...it was a bad day when i posted that. heck, i'm an HP graduate! Nothing would make me happier than to see Webb come to SMU!
MrMustang1965

Postby No Quarter » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:42 pm

I thought I read that the QB who played when Stafford was hurt measured 5' - 5." If he is a Webb, I like the bloodlines, wish SMU had snagged Alexander Webb, but doubt the guy who beat Ryan has a 1-A future if that height report was right.

Maybe there is another three year starter for HP in the wings who will take over?
No Quarter
Heisman

Return to Around the Hilltop