PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Aggie Wedding Cake

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Aggie Wedding Cake

Postby EastStang » Mon May 15, 2006 4:10 pm

http://www.killerfrogs.com/forums2/index.php?showtopic=52936

I saw this on the Frog Forum. This is too funny!! What a cult!
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyPride » Mon May 15, 2006 4:13 pm

That is unbelievable. Impressive!
PonyPride

Postby Diamond Girl » Mon May 15, 2006 5:47 pm

That cake is amazing! I saw a groom's cake on a t.v. show on the Style channel, and it only had the A&M university coat-of-arms on it.
Everything we want is on the other side of difficult.
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Postby SMUPhil » Mon May 15, 2006 7:44 pm

Not sure if there's a pic of it around anywhere, but a good friend of mine, who masterminded the TCU rye-seed prank, had an awesome grooms cake. It was a football field with TCU markings on it, but little green splotches outlining a Diamond M in the middle of the field.

I would kill to reply to the killerfrogs thread with a pic of that cake.
Sent from my Motorola brick.
SMUPhil
All-American

Postby SMU Football Blog » Tue May 16, 2006 9:00 am

I went to a wedding in Cincinnati where the groom's cake was a big Ohio State buckeye.

Personally, for my wedding, I pushed real hard for the "Steel Magnolias" cake: a red velvet cake shaped like a big gray armadillo with gray icing. That suggestion was nixed by the future Mrs. I should have seen that as a sign of what was to come.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Tue May 16, 2006 10:05 am

I just went with traditional white stuff. But then again, I'd never been exposed to cakes like that. Not sure what stadium I would have wanted to use? Ford wasn't built yet, the Cotton Bowl wasn't just SMU, and back then the Redskins were in the process of leaving RFK. My wife and I went on our first date to a Capitals game, so I guess I would have opted for the US Air Arena or not.
EastStang

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Tue May 16, 2006 10:48 am

SMUPhil wrote:Not sure if there's a pic of it around anywhere, but a good friend of mine, who masterminded the TCU rye-seed prank, had an awesome grooms cake. It was a football field with TCU markings on it, but little green splotches outlining a Diamond M in the middle of the field.

I would kill to reply to the killerfrogs thread with a pic of that cake.

Maybe we should make a cake in the shape of Peruna Pete for White Helmet's wedding?
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyPower » Tue May 16, 2006 11:20 am

EastStang wrote:I just went with traditional white stuff. But then again, I'd never been exposed to cakes like that. Not sure what stadium I would have wanted to use? Ford wasn't built yet, the Cotton Bowl wasn't just SMU, and back then the Redskins were in the process of leaving RFK. My wife and I went on our first date to a Capitals game, so I guess I would have opted for the US Air Arena or not.
Is USAir Arena the original name of the MCI/Verizon/Whatever Center they play in now? Or was that the old Capital Center?

That place was a barn, but not a bad place to watch a game.

Cool first date, by the way. (Damn I wish there were more playoff hockey games on TV!)
PonyPower
All-American

The Rest of the Story

Postby Captain E J Smith » Wed May 17, 2006 11:18 am

Full Steam Ahead!

Do you need anymore ice?

Let me help you arrange those deck chairs.
Captain E J Smith
Varsity

Postby EastStang » Wed May 17, 2006 12:06 pm

It was the old Capital Centre. Yeah it was a barn, but it had much better sight lines than the new arena at least on the lower level. Now you get the brie ahd chablis folks standing in the aisles to be seen by Trey and Muffy.
EastStang

Return to Around the Hilltop