PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

missing man flyover yesterday in Dallas

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

missing man flyover yesterday in Dallas

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue May 30, 2006 9:01 am

I was doing something outside yesterday at about 2:00 and out of nowhere a formation of fighter jets flew low over Dallas. Anybody else see it? Was there an airshow somewhere or just a random tribute? Talk about giving you chills.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: missing man flyover yesterday in Dallas

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue May 30, 2006 9:40 am

Hoop Fan wrote:I was doing something outside yesterday at about 2:00 and out of nowhere a formation of fighter jets flew low over Dallas. Anybody else see it? Was there an airshow somewhere or just a random tribute? Talk about giving you chills.
It was part of the Memorial Day ceremony/observance at the Texas Rangers game in Arlington.
MrMustang1965

Postby PK » Tue May 30, 2006 9:54 am

They also usually have a ceremony with a flyover at Restland Cemetary at IH635 and Greenville Avenue. They have a special veteran's area at the cemetary. They flew over near my house about 2:00...couldn't see them because of all the trees...but I certainly heard them.
PK

Re: missing man flyover yesterday in Dallas

Postby DiamondM75 » Tue May 30, 2006 9:55 am

Hoop Fan wrote:I was doing something outside yesterday at about 2:00 and out of nowhere a formation of fighter jets flew low over Dallas. Anybody else see it? Was there an airshow somewhere or just a random tribute? Talk about giving you chills.

Depending on where you were in Dallas. There was also a fly over for the memorial services at Restland Funeral Home in northeast Dallas.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Tue May 30, 2006 11:11 am

I got a good view of it from my backyard while I was grilling. I wish I had gotten a snap shot of it. Very neat.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Return to Around the Hilltop