PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Dale Hansen Lawsuit with Dallas CAN

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Dale Hansen Lawsuit with Dallas CAN

Postby Treadway21 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:52 pm

Some lawyers are getting rich on this dispute.

http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/n ... fce49.html

My opinion, biased as it is, is that Hansen does come off too well.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:46 pm

Anyone with SMU ties on the side opposing Hansen? :twisted:
RGV Pony

Postby jtstang » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:53 am

Dale Hansen did not get SMU the death penalty. SMU did.
jtstang

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:12 am

jtstang wrote:Dale Hansen did not get SMU the death penalty. SMU did.

You're right, and for all of you budding biologists out there, for each enzyme that begets a reaction, remember, there are no reactions and enzymes don't function for sh*t without a catalyst. Some catalysts are better than others, and some play bigger roles.
RGV Pony

Postby jtstang » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:14 am

RGV Pony wrote:
jtstang wrote:Dale Hansen did not get SMU the death penalty. SMU did.

You're right, and for all of you budding biologists out there, for each enzyme that begets a reaction, remember, there are no reactions and enzymes don't function for sh*t without a catalyst. Some catalysts are better than others, and some play bigger roles.

The catalyst was David Stanley. Hansen was merely the medium. Anybody that Stanley went to with that story would have investigated and reported it.
jtstang

Postby Stampede » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:47 am

yawn
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Postby mr. pony » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:12 pm

[quote="jtstang"]Dale Hansen did not get SMU the death penalty. SMU did.[/quote]

Correct. And he hasn't been on campus since. That's the real crap with Hansen.....
Got his Peabody, and to hell with Dallas' Div I-A program.

And not to beat a dead horse ... oh, what the hell -
Just what did SMU DO that warranted the death penalty? No other ELIGIBLE team has gotten it since. And there have been plenty: Alabama and Arkansas, just to name a couple.
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mr. pony » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:17 pm

[quote="jtstang] Anybody that Stanley went to with that story would have investigated and reported it.[/quote]

I'll bet this: if a UT player went to the Austin media with a program-crushing allegation, it would have a less than 50% chance of being followed up on.
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonySoprano » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:08 pm

Can we stop looking in the rear view? A big reason that our football program has only one winning season in the past 18 years is because the University Administration and the community have not let the DP go.

What's the point in debating if it was fair, if everybody else was cheating at the time, if there was a consipracy masterminded by Fred Akers, Deloss Dodds, Ken Hatfield, Frank Broyles, Grant Teaff, Jackie Sherril and John David Crow that used Dale Hansen they way JFK conspiracy theorists believe Lee Harey Oswald was used?

Bottom line is that it happened and let's get over it. It is absolutely ridiculous that 20 years later we are still suffering, we still use it as an excuse, we point fingers at who we think was at fault, and we still debate if the NCAA should have given us the DP.
PonySoprano
Heisman

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:30 pm

PonySoprano wrote:Can we stop looking in the rear view? A big reason that our football program has only one winning season in the past 18 years is because the University Administration and the community have not let the DP go.

What's the point in debating if it was fair, if everybody else was cheating at the time, if was there a consipracy masterminded by Fred Akers, Deloss Dodds, Ken Hatfield, Frank Broyles, Grant Teaff, Jackie Sherril and John David Crow that used Dale Hansen they way JFK conspiracy theorists believe Lee Harey Oswald was used?

Bottom line is that it happened and let's get over it. It is absolutely ridiculous that 20 years later we are still suffering, we still use it as an excuse, we point fingers at who we think was at fault, and we still debate if the NCAA should have given us the DP.

I still don't care for Dale Hansen, but very, very well put, Pony Soprano. Well-written argument. Bravo.
RGV Pony

Postby PonySoprano » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:47 pm

RGV -
I can't stand Hansen either, I think he is nothing but an [deleted] full of self-importance (and flatuence). Regarding this lawsuit, I happen to know Scott Noble (Noble Royalities) and Scott is a stand-up guy. I would vouch for Scott any day of the week - he is not someone who would file a frivolous lawsuit, especially when it realtes to charity. Scott has a strong commitment to philanthropy.

I would love to see Hansen get burned on this - not because he was the guy who broke the David Stanley SMU story, but because he is just an a-hole.
PonySoprano
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:35 am

Interestingly enough, Dallas CAN Academy has resumed its commercials airing either before, during or after Hansen's sportscasts. Happened to see one Wednesday night during the 10 p.m. sportscast as I was surfing thru the channels.
MrMustang1965

Postby mr. pony » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:34 am

[quote="PonySoprano"] It is absolutely ridiculous that 20 years later we are still suffering, we still use it as an excuse, we point fingers at who we think was at fault, and we still debate if the NCAA should have given us the DP.[/quote]

It is still a valid question why no one else has gotten it or will ever get it. That's not looking in the rear view.
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mr. pony » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:39 am

You don't think an Alabama or Arkansas would still be talking about it twenty years later? Please....
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby jtstang » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:51 am

mr. pony wrote:You don't think an Alabama or Arkansas would still be talking about it twenty years later? Please....

Let me ask you this--how would somebody else getting the death penalty help you cope with your own insecurities about the fact that SMU's road to current suckiness began with its cheating that got it the death penalty? Misery loves company? That's lame.

And to make you feel even better, here's the latest from Auburn that won't get it the death panalty:

http://www.oanow.com/servlet/Satellite? ... !localnews
jtstang

Next

Return to Around the Hilltop