PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Beta House

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:49 pm

Can anyone address the ATO situation? And something I've always wondered... how did the ATOs get approval/permission to construct their house using that Early American-looking brick? It would almost be worth it to re-brick that house it looks so bad.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU Football Blog » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:00 pm

Excellent question.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:40 pm

Bergermeister wrote:Can anyone address the ATO situation? And something I've always wondered... how did the ATOs get approval/permission to construct their house using that Early American-looking brick? It would almost be worth it to re-brick that house it looks so bad.
There has been discussion in the past couple of years about Alpha Tau Omega returning to SMU. However, it will only happen if the alumni are heavily involved in its re-chartering through a Board of Trustees and major input from the National Headquarters in Indianapolis. There must first be an 'interest group' on the SMU campus that would then become a 'colony' which, in turn, would petition the NHQ for a charter.

The alumni interest does not have to be just ATOs from SMU. ATOs from other universities can help, too. That's what happened at Sam Houston State, the University of Texas - Arlington and the University of North Texas in the past couple of years where ATO chapters now exist.

Since I'm not an ATO from SMU, I can't answer the question about the brick on the old house on The Hilltop.
MrMustang1965

Postby FordtoTolbert » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:28 am

...ask Danny Luna about the brick, he built the thing on a quasi shoe string budget back in the late 70's.....
FordtoTolbert
All-American

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:18 am

...was he with Fox & Jacobs?
Bergermeister

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop