PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Foiled Terror Plot Puts SMU Professors in News Spotlight

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:33 pm

smupony94 wrote:Article in this week's Business Week about people getting paid to post news links. Might be a second job for you.
Thanks! I'll look into it!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DiamondM75 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:17 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:
smupony94 wrote:Article in this week's Business Week about people getting paid to post news links. Might be a second job for you.

You might have a good shot with that haircut you got today at Mustang Barbers. Inquiring minds know all.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:05 pm

DiamondM75 wrote:
MrMustang1965 wrote:

You might have a good shot with that haircut you got today at Mustang Barbers. Inquiring minds know all.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

DAMN! BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!
MrMustang1965

Postby mrydel » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:51 am

Here is an updated flying report for anyone who cares. If not stop reading now.

I was leaving San Diego yesterday AM and figured I should get to the airport plenty early. I got there about 3 1/2 hours prior to flight time only to be advised that Southwest would not allow check in unless you were within 2 hours of flight time. I had an interesting 1 1/2 hours watching people getting turned away from check in, but all in all I must say that SW handled the people in a very efficient manner. I only saw one person get upset and it was over something other than the delays. She was at the counter for about 45 minutes and finally after a few phone calls spewed out the F word a couple of times and left the airport. Probably had a bomb or something and they would not let her on. After getting luggage checked I breezed through security with no delay and then had a 2 hour wait for the flight. I do not mind the waiting in an airport so much as long as I am on schedule. It is always interesting to watch the people. They in turn get to watch me. The only strange thing I saw was the number of people trying to walk on board with water, cokes, etc. Do not know for sure where they had been the past 2 days and apparently were blind and could not read the posting, but it was kind of funny to see folks guzzling so they did not lose a cent of liquid they had purchased. I saw no more delays than normal and all of my flights were on time. It is my understanding, talking to others that the first day of the changes was pretty rough but I think both the airlines and the passengers adapted very well to this latest change. Just arrive at the airport somewhere between 1 1/2 and 2 hours before take off and you should have no problems at all.
mrydel

Postby mr. pony » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:27 pm

Can't believe they didn't go to UT for an expert opinion. That has been the usual first place Belo goes anyway.
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop