PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

mustang maniacs

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

mustang maniacs

Postby couch 'em » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:59 am

I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but mustangmaniacs.com is now a rivals site.
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Ponymon » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:55 pm

Thanks couch'em. I have been waiting for a site for SMU. Several good articles so far, but not much discussion yet on the boards. I plan to post there from time to time just to let them know that there is interest in old SMU!
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Ponymon » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:29 pm

One thing that STUNNED me was that Stallion has yet to make a posting on Rivals message board. I out number him 2-0! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Ponymon » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:37 pm

By the way, here is the staff covering SMU for Rivals:

SCOTT FARRELL / scott@mustangmaniacs.com

Scott Farrell has been part of the Dallas/Fort Worth print media for 15 years, and is currently the sports editor for Park Cities People. The Texas Press Association cited Park Cities People for the state's "Best Sports Coverage" among large weekly newspapers this year. Farrell has also won national reporting and feature-writing awards from the Suburban Newspapers of America.

Previously, he was a sports reporter and copy editor at The Dallas Morning News for six years, and was the primary designer and content editor of DallasNews.com's Leaderboard website, an on-line statistical database focusing on high school sports.

Farrell worked in SMU's sports information office for two years before graduating in 1989 with a degree in broadcast journalism. He has also worked in the sports information offices at Fresno State and Texas-Arlington.

Farrell freelances as a statistician for television productions, with clients including CBS Sports, ESPN, Fox Sports Net and CSTV. He also does broadcast work, calling Highland Park H.S. athletics for local cable productions.

TED GANGI / ted@mustangmaniacs.com / 214-909-9314

Ted Gangi is the former assistant sports editor for DallasNews.com, where he produced editorial and multimedia content for more than six years. The founder of MustangManiacs.com, Gangi has also worked in network television (CBS Sports), local radio (The Ticket in Dallas) and network radio (ESPN Radio).

He was the original producer of "College GameDay on ESPN Radio," supervising the creation of the show and its format and co-producing the show in its first two seasons.

As a Dallas-based interactive content producer and media consultant, his clients include the Football Writers Association of America, the U.S. Basketball Writers Association, the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association and the National College Football Awards Association. He is also the webmaster of CollegePressBox.com, a media portal serving five Division I-A conferences and Notre Dame.

Gangi has followed or covered SMU athletics for 23 years, since working as a student assistant on campus in 1983. He is a 1987 graduate of the university with a degree in broadcast journalism and history.
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PK » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:16 am

Before you guys get too carried away with the above bios, look back at what Pony Pride has provided us fans here on PonyFans.com for the last several years. His recruiting summaries have been outstanding as well as his interviews with the various players over the years. If you want to pay to get access to Rivals...go for it, but you won't get any better coverage of SMU athletics anywhere else than what you get right here on PonyFans.com.
PK

Postby Ponymon » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:50 am

PK wrote:Before you guys get too carried away with the above bios, look back at what Pony Pride has provided us fans here on PonyFans.com for the last several years. His recruiting summaries have been outstanding as well as his interviews with the various players over the years. If you want to pay to get access to Rivals...go for it, but you won't get any better coverage of SMU athletics anywhere else than what you get right here on PonyFans.com.

PK, No one ever said that Pony Pride hasn't done a great job. He has done a FANTASTIC job :!: :!: :!: I subscribe to Rivals because I am in interested in SMU's developing its sports programs and enjoy reading about their recruiting progress, which is the primary source of development. I don't subscribe to Insiders because they didn't do a satisfactory job covering SMU. Hey I think PonyFans.com is great and even commented on it in Rivals, which MIGHT help develop traffic for Ponyfans.com from that source from supporters who do not know that Ponyfans.com exists :!: :!:
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby that's great raplh » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:53 am

do you have to have a helmet avatar to post on this thread?

muffie benson perella

169 black horseshoes - Green Party Activist - I am the Greetest!

Now selling Hope at a price slightly higher than free...
that's great raplh

Postby PK » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:36 am

Ponymon, my comments were not aimed at you specifically...I just wanted to remind everyone of what a great site this has been and still is. Personally, I'm too cheap to subscribe to a rivals site...besides, we have Stallion to keep us up todate on Rivals' going ons... :D
PK

Postby PK » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:38 am

that's great raplh wrote:do you have to have a helmet avatar to post on this thread?
Yes. :roll:
PK

Postby PonyPride » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:04 pm

Thanks for the nice words, guys. I know Ted and Scott well, and they are very good at what they do, and I'm sure they'll do a very good job with their site. The fact that there are two sites now dedicated to the Ponies only underscores how much PonyFans really do care about SMU and its teams.
PonyPride

Postby RE Tycoon » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:20 pm

Don't forget the Blog...
#NewLobCity
RE Tycoon
Hall of Famer

Postby me@smu » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:37 am

Just to mirror the sentiments, PonyPride and the rest of the group that run this site have been outstanding. I am sure the traffic here contributed to Rivals realization that a SMU website isn't a bad idea.

The trick here is that many of us already have rivals subscriptions and we should at least consider switching these to the MustangManiacs site. But in no way stop posting on PF.
me@smu
Heisman

Return to Around the Hilltop