PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Does anyone have a picture of Erin Bann??

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Does anyone have a picture of Erin Bann??

Postby FordtoTolbert » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:05 pm

Our SWC chick back in 1980?
FordtoTolbert
All-American

Postby jtstang » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:21 pm

I googled her and couldn't come up with one...of course that was back in 1980.
jtstang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU Football Blog » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:25 pm

It was hard to google anything in 1980.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby jtstang » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:57 pm

SMU Football Blog wrote:It was hard to google anything in 1980.

That's because you had not reached puberty yet.
jtstang

Postby aus10fromhous10 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:54 am

No pic, but I interviewed her for my story in The Daily Campus

From the story:

Jordan won't be the first SMU sorority woman to appear in Playboy. In 1980, SMU alumna and Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority member Erin Bann appeared in the "Girls of the Southwest Conference" pictorial.

Bann, who holds a doctorate in education from the University of Texas and now lives in Florida, said she has mixed feelings about her participation in Playboy.

"It's really difficult to play the guessing game, you really have no way of predicting how it will affect you in the future," Bann said.

Bann said her friends weren't too happy with her decision to pose, and that Kappa wasn't happy about, even though they didn't punish her for participating.

"I guess I'm still a Kappa, I wasn't kicked out or anything," she said.

Bann said she auditioned because she thought it would be fun, but "I just didn't think I had a chance in you-know-what to make it."

Bann said being in Playboy hasn't ever come up in any job she's had, but if it did, she wouldn't lie about it.

"If I were to run for president it would probably come up," she said.

Bann said she couldn't remember how much she was paid to participate, but she didn't do it because she needed the money.

"They paid you by how much skin you show, and I think that's how they still do it now," Bann said.

Looking back, Bann said she would have considered her friends' feelings more in her decision, and would think twice about participating.

Bann questions how much impact the Internet has had on women who pose in Playboy.

When she was in the magazine, there wasn't a lot of similar content, and it was a bigger deal to her family.

She said the Internet has made so much content similar to Playboy's available; one woman posing doesn't have as much of an impact on society.

It's a momentary splash," Bann said. "It used to be 15 minutes of fame, now it's five downloads of fame."

She told me that you can subscribe to the PB Web site and they have archives you can search
aus10fromhous10
Junior Varsity

Postby Big10Ponyfan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:54 pm

aus10fromhous10 wrote:She told me that you can subscribe to the PB Web site and they have archives you can search

Probably not a good idea if you're married and then your wife discovers the invoice on the credit card statement.
Big10Ponyfan

Postby smupony94 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:56 pm

When you Google Erin Bann a link to ponyfans pops up and if you can imagine it the thread has been deleted
smupony94

Return to Around the Hilltop