PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Construction Update

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Construction Update

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:22 am

Looks like dirt is flying on the upcoming lacrosse/intramural field that will be directly south of the Bush Library. I know there were talks of doing some work on updating the look of the storefronts there on Mockingbird but I haven't heard anything concrete on that in a while. Either way, looks like we will have overhauled the entire eastern half of campus by the end of 2015.

Also, it looks like they are about halfway finished with the second Simmons School of Education building just east of Fondren. Next up will be the Gerald Ford Research Center/Institute.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Construction Update

Postby NewAgeMustange » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:41 am

cant wait to see everything when its done. up next can we remove university blvd and give the science buildings a proper quad with a fountain of course. I was coming onto campus last week and got behind ~15 cars that all used university to cut across the campus.
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

Postby gostangs » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 am

I like being able to use University - in no way should we take that out. Big deal -so you had to wait - trust me it was quicker than going around.
gostangs

Postby NewAgeMustange » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:52 am

I don't care that I had to "wait" I had a purpose to be on campus. I have and always have had a problem with people using it to cut across to either 75 or the neighborhood. You shouldn't be an easy cut, use airline instead, or lovers.
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

Postby SMUfrat » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:52 pm

How about the Bob Smith Health Center?
SMUfrat
Junior Varsity

Postby NewAgeMustange » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:57 pm

I got close this past weekend, and it seems to still be a hole in the ground at the moment.
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

Postby coloradoStang » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:24 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:
Also, it looks like they are about halfway finished with the second Simmons School of Education building just east of Fondren.

That should be done in June
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby skyscraper » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:25 pm

NewAgeMustange wrote:I got close this past weekend, and it seems to still be a hole in the ground at the moment.

I've wondered about this. They knocked it down during football season and unlike most buildings under construction on campus, this one hasn't sprung up very quickly.
skyscraper

Return to Around the Hilltop