PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Construction Update

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Construction Update

Postby PonySnob » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:52 pm

gostangs wrote:snob I don't believe that is correct. Plus the universities financial situation is fine - if not great. The issue on the Bain report is that several donors questioned the efficiency of the university - which is a valid concern. Report finished and action taken. There is not an ongoing effect on campus progress. I thin the Sigma Chi move is to make room for a building that is already mostly funded.

I was basing it on an email that has been circulated the the fraternity alumni advisors his week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU Pony Mom » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:47 pm

The move of the fraternities has never made sense to me, especially with the primary reason to not have solo cups, etc potentially in view to visitors of the Bush Library. The move of Sigma Chi makes some sense at least to allow another building on a prime location.
SMU Pony Mom
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:23 pm

SMU Pony Mom wrote:The move of the fraternities has never made sense to me, especially with the primary reason to not have solo cups, etc potentially in view to visitors of the Bush Library. The move of Sigma Chi makes some sense at least to allow another building on a prime location.

The whole "make Yale the main entrance to SMU" has never made sense to me...
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:10 pm

Easier for cars, but that's 20th century thinking.
smusic 00

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:43 am

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote: The whole "make Yale the main entrance to SMU" has never made sense to me...

Wouldn't be that way if I was the "decider". That Laura Lee Blanton building ain't no prize. Looks very Bayloresque. Those gold cupolas have been wa-a-a-ay overdone. But, it's not my money. The only good point about the view down SMU Blvd. from Central is the big-ars fountain.
Bergermeister

Postby StallionsModelT » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:04 am

SMU Blvd (formerly Yale) is so much easier to navigate and get people moving swiftly through campus than the traditional Bishop Blvd entrance. Also, the university wants to really highlight the Bush Library and the extension of campus east of 75 which will continue to build up in the coming years.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby mrydel » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:21 am

Question. I have to go to will call to get my tickets and will be doing so around 9:00 am. With all the construction you guys are talking about what is my best route to get to the ticket office at Ford?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby fifty » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:32 am

You can still take mockingbird to bishop or go via smu blvd without roadblocks....unless they block something new off on gameday.
fifty
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:05 am

Thanks
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby CoxMustangFan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:24 am

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
SMU Pony Mom wrote:The move of the fraternities has never made sense to me, especially with the primary reason to not have solo cups, etc potentially in view to visitors of the Bush Library. The move of Sigma Chi makes some sense at least to allow another building on a prime location.

The whole "make Yale the main entrance to SMU" has never made sense to me...

SMU has a stunningly beautiful campus, but we are missing a really nice entrance. With the space issues, not sure how they fix this.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:19 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote: SMU has a stunningly beautiful campus, but we are missing a really nice entrance. With the space issues, not sure how they fix this.

See color photo on Hilltop Society card for 2015-2016. That is truly "high on the Hilltop in Big D" - I don't think it gets any better than that.
Bergermeister

Postby smustatesman » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:28 pm

Ah yes..........getting high on a hilltop in Big D, during the the years '70 through '74.
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby couch 'em » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:55 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote: The whole "make Yale the main entrance to SMU" has never made sense to me...

Wouldn't be that way if I was the "decider". That Laura Lee Blanton building ain't no prize. Looks very Bayloresque. Those gold cupolas have been wa-a-a-ay overdone. But, it's not my money. The only good point about the view down SMU Blvd. from Central is the big-ars fountain.

Agree on Blanton building and the engineering buildings. We could have done it right like the buildings added to old parkland. Of course, it costs money.

Another reason to hate Blanton building: portrait of Pye in the first floor lobby
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby gostangs » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:13 pm

Old parkland buildings are not that great. pretty dull georgian wannabees. Blanton is better. That entrance is very nice now and is a huge plus to the school.
gostangs

Postby Bergermeister » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:48 am

couch 'em wrote: Another reason to hate Blanton building: portrait of Pye in the first floor lobby

You gotta be kidding :oops:
Bergermeister

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop