PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Pye In The Sky Award

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Pye In The Sky Award

Postby smupony94 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:31 pm

smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Pye In The Sky Award

Postby Treadway21 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:37 am

BigT3x wrote:I'm a young fan who is so sick of hearing about Pye. Get over it. The battered woman thing isn't attracting people to the program.

Not only are you young but you are stupid. Add drunk and you've got the trifecta.

We don't care that you are sick of hearing about it. It is our history and is a huge reason we have been stuck in athletic hell for 30 years. If you don't like us taking about go the [deleted] away. I could give a [deleted] about you. I didn't go to school when Doak Walker played but I appreciate how he was part of the history of SMI athletics.

It's not just about the here and now. You know some one on Pony Fan made a pretty interesting document on it. Maybe watch it some time.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby BigT3x » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:23 pm

Treadway21 wrote:
BigT3x wrote:I'm a young fan who is so sick of hearing about Pye. Get over it. The battered woman thing isn't attracting people to the program.

Not only are you young but you are stupid. Add drunk and you've got the trifecta.

We don't care that you are sick of hearing about it. It is our history and is a huge reason we have been stuck in athletic hell for 30 years. If you don't like us taking about go the [deleted] away. I could give a [deleted] about you. I didn't go to school when Doak Walker played but I appreciate how he was part of the history of SMI athletics.

It's not just about the here and now. You know some one on Pony Fan made a pretty interesting document on it. Maybe watch it some time.

It was 30 years ago. No one cares. Get over it. Move on.
BigT3x
All-American

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:29 pm

You talk to your parents like that?
smusic 00

Postby smupony94 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:47 pm

smupony94

Postby Digetydog » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:02 am

BigT3x wrote:
Treadway21 wrote:

It was 30 years ago. No one cares. Get over it. Move on.

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it”

There are those on the Hilltop that think Pye did an excellent job and that we would be better off playing D2 sports against Tulane, Tulsa, Rice, Austin College, Mary Hardin Baylor, etc.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:17 pm

I learned if I drink too much I feel funny the next day and I continue to make the same mistake over and over again.

Stupid
One Trick Pony

Postby Stallion » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:55 pm

The Kenneth Pye Probation ended only about 7-8 seasons ago. You can't understand SMU athletics without understanding how we had to peel away the handicaps instituted under Pye. We are Top 25 in basketball (3 straight years) and if we had been able to hire a Chad Morris when June Jones was hired we would be a Top 40 football program-among the strongest G5s. We're going to get there
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby PonyKai » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Yeah but our uniforms suck and the band isn't that great and we haven't announced the IPF yet and Turner secretly arranged for Tulane to join the AAC over the objections of a dozen other commissioners. SAD!
PonyKai

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop