PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UIL investigating SA John Jay players for targeting referee

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: UIL investigating SA John Jay players for targeting refe

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:07 pm

You justify some bad words being said (which of course is not anywhere suggested) as being a reason for assault on a defenseless individual in the back with what I would consider a form of weapon (helmet and pads). I hope I am never on the same earth as you.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:21 pm

Edited this post because going back over my previous posts I realized I did not provide as much clarity into my responses. Bop and mrydel since you can see the original text I typed I apologize for my tone.

No I am not trying to justify their actions, I'm trying to UNDERDTAND them. This inevitably leads me to consider the possibility that maybe the ref provoked the action in some way. That is not to say that even if he did that this assault was justified. However, this incident is so far out of left field that it would seem like there is more to the story than what's been released. It's also possible that they're just stupid kids. It happens.

I did begin my original post by claiming that I was indeed playing devils advocate
Last edited by vielsiehorsepower on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Yeah I am just an idiot. My bad.
mrydel

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:28 pm

See above
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:34 pm

I understand you fully, but for the life of me I cannot come up with anything that could have provoked what to me is a totally premeditated attack. Had one person done some sort of retaliatory reactive action, perhaps there could be some inconceivable justification. But with two it becomes a conspiracy to do harm. And that to me is the issue at hand.

And I do know you were playing devils advocate but I just cannot wrap my brain around anything but thug retaliation for something.
mrydel

Postby SMU Football Blog » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:37 pm

Kids should be kicked off the team. If coach told them to do it, coach should be fired.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:44 pm

mrydel wrote:I understand you fully, but for the life of me I cannot come up with anything that could have provoked what to me is a totally premeditated attack. Had one person done some sort of retaliatory reactive action, perhaps there could be some inconceivable justification. But with two it becomes a conspiracy to do harm. And that to me is the issue at hand.

And I do know you were playing devils advocate but I just cannot wrap my brain around anything but thug retaliation for something.

Well at any rate it is thug retaliation. I don't know what the races of the involved individuals were but even if he up and out said a racial slur to them their reaction is uncalled for. Totally unacceptable thing to do and they should be charged accordingly. I guess we will find out the players side of the story in good time so it will be interesting to see what their lawyers come up with!
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:55 pm

It was because of a bad call late in the game that was at a critical point.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Nedward » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:57 pm

Disgusting behavior and they both need jail time. You can't attack refs in a football game. Incredible the levity we allow kids these days. This isn't boys being boys...that's two jackaces planning their attack and doing it in public. There are consequences to your actions in this world.
Nedward
Junior Varsity

Postby Digetydog » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:07 pm

mrydel wrote:I understand you fully, but for the life of me I cannot come up with anything that could have provoked what to me is a totally premeditated attack. Had one person done some sort of retaliatory reactive action, perhaps there could be some inconceivable justification. But with two it becomes a conspiracy to do harm. And that to me is the issue at hand.

The only remotely justifiable attack on a referee: http://onlineathens.com/stories/122199/ ... e4KDMT3aK0
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando ... n_football)#Out_of_football.2C_injuries.2C_and_lawsuits
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Arkpony » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:57 pm

vielsiehorsepower wrote:Edited this post because going back over my previous posts I realized I did not provide as much clarity into my responses. Bop and mrydel since you can see the original text I typed I apologize for my tone.

No I am not trying to justify their actions, I'm trying to UNDERDTAND them. This inevitably leads me to consider the possibility that maybe the ref provoked the action in some way. That is not to say that even if he did that this assault was justified. However, this incident is so far out of left field that it would seem like there is more to the story than what's been released. It's also possible that they're just stupid kids. It happens.

I have tried many many criminals in my term as a circuit judge. You have to come to grips with the fact that some people just do evil things. You cannot "understand" evil actions: a man shoots a clerk because she won't give him a free burger; A guy stabs another guy because he "looked at me the wrong way"; a man shoots another man at a night laundry just because he is there. Don't try to "understand".

I did begin my original post by claiming that I was indeed playing devils advocate
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby sbsmith » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:02 pm

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:26 pm

I agree with you Judge Arkpony. I was a PI for 4 years, and when working criminal cases we would try to figure out the logic of the criminal in trying to solve the crime. The only thing I learned is that the criminal mind operates in a way that defies normal thinking. When you are sure the answer is north their mind is south. When a normal person would act one way they go the opposite. Some people are just wired differently.
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:49 pm

mrydel wrote:Some people are just wired differently.

So true.

I have always wondered if anybody has considered doing a psychological study of SMU fans.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby lwjr » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:49 pm

Two players are ejected then these two thugs pull their little stunt. That's four kids ejected from the same team within a few plays of each other. It seems their might be some deeper problems on that team
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop