PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Missouri

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Missouri

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:19 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:If he is forced out, I doubt he will ever find equivalent work in this field again, waaaaay too toxic.

That's grounds for an enormous lawsuit.

Point being, there appears to be no easy solution.

Players who generate millions upon millions for a school who are not fairly compensated vs. establishment who smartly don't want the loonies running the asylum. Should make for some interesting drama this week.

So the players are loonies? Kind of jumping to conclusions aren't you?
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:23 pm

gostangs wrote:rebel - you are just being argumentative. Exactly what has happened to require a resignation? Not sucking up fast enough? Not removing a statute of a former president?

People are just trying to exercise some sort of PC power to see if it will work. Its irresponsible, and kind of weird that people don't get called out on it. Hope somewhere along the line someone calls their bluff.

I hope someone draws the line as well that will show them that their positions on issues don't matter. Just like the good ole days. LOL. And I thought that this was going to be a boring night. :lol:
Last edited by Rebel10 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:27 pm

How long before this thread gets move over to the other forum?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby ponyscott » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:34 pm

Rebel10 wrote:How long before this thread gets move over to the other forum?

The Mods will delete it..not mad at you my SMU brother, just the situation we find ourselves in..this situation really stems from Furgeson. Peace out.
ponyscott

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:36 pm

ponyscott wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:How long before this thread gets move over to the other forum?

The Mods will delete it..not mad at you SMU brother, just the situation we find ourselves in..this situation really stems from Furgeson. Peace out.

Mods will delete it sooner than later.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby gostangs » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:49 pm

it won't be missed.
gostangs

Postby alyssa » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:00 am

Even the "R" word isn't filtered here!
Play ball y'all!
alyssa
All-American

Postby couch 'em » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:01 am

Can we tear down all the Lutheran churches since Martin Luther was so anti-Semitic?
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:15 am

Rebel10 wrote:
SoCal_Pony wrote:If he is forced out, I doubt he will ever find equivalent work in this field again, waaaaay too toxic.

Players who generate millions upon millions for a school who are not fairly compensated vs. establishment who smartly don't want the loonies running the asylum. Should make for some interesting drama this week.

Among other 'Demands'

We demand that University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a hand-written apology to Concerned Student 1-9-5-0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter.

Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exits, and
admit his gross negligence.

We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president.

We demand that by the academic year 2017-18, the University of Missouri increases the percentage of black faculty and staff members campus-wide by 10 percent.

As I say, I haven't followed this closely. Please enlighten this board as to what Gross Negligence was committed by this President.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:17 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:

Among other 'Demands'

We demand that University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a hand-written apology to Concerned Student 1-9-5-0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter.

Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exits, and
admit his gross negligence.

We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president.

We demand that by the academic year 2017-18, the University of Missouri increases the percentage of black faculty and staff members campus-wide by 10 percent.

As I say, I haven't followed this closely. Please enlighten this board as to what Gross Negligence was committed by this President.

Write the organization if you are that interested. LOL.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 am

Seriously Rebel, put yourself in that President's shoes for a moment.

Most likely a struggle to get to where he's at career wise; he's successful, and now he must stand before his peers, his family, the world...and admit Gross Negligence (opening himself up to personal lawsuits by the way).

Would anyone in their right mind cave in to such demands?

Read a little about the world's 2nd most powerful man, Xi Jinping. This reminds me of tactics used on his family.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:40 am

I don't know the man. Just because he is successful does not mean that he is not racially callous. I know many successful people that are cut throat people. Not saying he is. Who knows, he might be reaping what he has sown. Students should have worded their points differently imo. Whatever the case should be a fun week at Mizzou.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby East Coast Mustang » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:50 am

8. When did he begin the strike, and when will he end it?

Butler began the strike at 9 a.m. on Nov. 2. He said that he will continue until Wolfe is out of office or until his own life is over.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/news/ ... fa.html#q8

Imaging aligning yourself philosophically with such a nutjob
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Puckhead48E » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:52 am

Yeah. I am sure they have a grievance and I'm sure they are passionate. I'm also sure this is a convenient season for them...their losing football team is all over this but not a peep from basketball. The basketball team is currently atrocious so they shouldn't have anything to lose...but nothing.

The school has issues...several of which revolve around very public incidents. That being said, cool heads need to work for improvement in a way that reinforces that growth. By attaching random requirements filled with key phrases pulled from soundbites heard in the background of some live news shot or shouted by instigators, you weaken your chances for real change and indicate you are in it for the wrong reasons or have absolutely no clue what you are doing. Seriously, some of those demands read like the ransom list from Airheads...wondering when the naked photo of Bea Arthur is added to the list.
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:02 am

Rebel10 wrote:I don't know the man. Just because he is successful does not mean that he is not racially callous. I know many successful people that are cut throat people. Not saying he is. Who knows, he might be reaping what he has sown. Students should have worded their points differently imo. Whatever the case should be a fun week at Mizzou.

Most successful people I know are cut throat, it comes with the territory.

As for this President, if he's truly guilty he should be asked to step aside. All these other demands are over the top & deserve the looney reference.
SoCal_Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop