PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Missouri

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Missouri

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:46 pm

PonyTime wrote:
smudubs wrote:
mr. pony wrote:Great! The thug anarchists have popped up at SMU now!!
Ignore their "demands".
This is pure D crap, birthed by Obama, Democrats and our corrupt media.

BTW - Hands up, don't shoot DID NOT HAPPEN.

Wow. Such insight contained in this post. I swear some of you force me to argue positions on this board that I don't always agree with. People should be able to express their opinions or struggles without being called things like "thug anarchists." I said this in another post, but more than anything that has happened at SMU recently, it's idiotic statements made on boards like this that really show things have not changed on campus and in the SMU community and is a major part in why both of my children have decided not to apply to SMU. Good job guys!

I am kind of interested in which schools your kids found to apply to or attend where this does not exist? I may want to direct my kids there.

Some people that recruit against SMU say that SMU is racial callous. I wonder what they would think if they read this thread. Sometimes it is not that is does not exist but to what degree does it exist on that campus.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU 86 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:54 pm

Stallion wrote:Channel 8 does positive piece on SMU student march today describing and showing a diverse collection of people from the SMU community uniting to seek positive change at SMU and a community and leadership willing to listen and improve the university. Nobody died. Nobody was shouting or yelling past each other. It appears the march served to open dialogue and understanding in the SMU community. Good Day to be a Mustang

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/da ... /75964916/

Good post Stallion.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:13 pm

Compare the responsible protest at SMU to these individuals at Dartmouth interrupting students in the library studying...as if that's going to help anything. smudubs, where do you want your children to attend?

2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:20 pm

SMU 86 wrote:
Stallion wrote:Channel 8 does positive piece on SMU student march today describing and showing a diverse collection of people from the SMU community uniting to seek positive change at SMU and a community and leadership willing to listen and improve the university. Nobody died. Nobody was shouting or yelling past each other. It appears the march served to open dialogue and understanding in the SMU community. Good Day to be a Mustang

Good post Stallion.

Definitely not a bunch of thug anarchists.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mr. pony » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:41 am

Rebel10 wrote:
SMU 86 wrote:

Good post Stallion.

Definitely not a bunch of thug anarchists.

So why are they specifically supporting the thug anarchists at Missouri?
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mr. pony » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:12 am

So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.
-- George Orwell

LOL
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mr. pony » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:44 am

Per Stallion:
"It appears the march served to open dialogue and understanding in the SMU community."

Yeah, right, counselor.
These "understanding" youths opened by presenting a list of their DEMANDS .......
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:00 am

12 pages, 171 replies, and yet no one has been able to provide a reasonable explanation as to why the Missouri president needed to resign, other than the fact he's white
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby PerunasHoof » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:08 am

Rebel10 wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:It's an anonymous message board. If they took the time to read every schools boards I'm sure they would find similar comments. And so far, the posts have been about 15-1 against racist commentary . I wouldn't want to indict an entire university based on one comment on an ANONYMOUS message board.

It wasn't 15 to 1 regarding the SMU thug party.

Did I mention anything in my thread about a party? Pretty sure I only spoke about what is on this board.

I don't defend that party, I think it was stupid.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby PerunasHoof » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:12 am

coloradoStang wrote:No one ever talks about this one. white kid gets shot during traffic stop after being tased...

although it does look like the kid was being a total idiot during the whole situation

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2015/ ... newday.cnn

He also attacked the police officer and it's on the video. Police are allowed to use force to affect an arrest. Even laying on the ground and not complying with a lawful order is resisting, contrary to the un-informed public. As ex LEO I'll discuss use of force policy with anyone on here.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby PonyTime » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:00 am

Rebel10 wrote:
PonyTime wrote:
smudubs wrote:Great! The thug anarchists have popped up at SMU now!!
Ignore their "demands".
This is pure D crap, birthed by Obama, Democrats and our corrupt media.

BTW - Hands up, don't shoot DID NOT HAPPEN.

Wow. Such insight contained in this post. I swear some of you force me to argue positions on this board that I don't always agree with. People should be able to express their opinions or struggles without being called things like "thug anarchists." I said this in another post, but more than anything that has happened at SMU recently, it's idiotic statements made on boards like this that really show things have not changed on campus and in the SMU community and is a major part in why both of my children have decided not to apply to SMU. Good job guys!

I am kind of interested in which schools your kids found to apply to or attend where this does not exist? I may want to direct my kids there

Some people that recruit against SMU say that SMU is racial callous. I wonder what they would think if they read this thread. Sometimes it is not that is does not exist but to what degree does it exist on that campus.

Having attended SMU in the mid 90s, I did not sense at all the racial strife that seems to be present today. I was required to take a course by Dr. Clarance Glover that addressed racial issues in America as a part of my curriculum. I did not always agree with what was said in the classroom, but I was exposed to his point of view. It seems to me that Americans are far more divided today than they were then and that has more to do with the media, politicians, etc. promoting these divisions for their own benefit.

My graduation speaker was perhaps the most visible and respected African American in the world at the time. The SMU Basketball coach was one of the few African American BBall coaches in the SWC at the time.

If I were a recruit, I might be asking why it took Texas and Texas A&M so long to integrate their football programs when SMU was a leader in this area.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby coloradoStang » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:04 am

PerunasHoof wrote:
coloradoStang wrote:No one ever talks about this one. white kid gets shot during traffic stop after being tased...

although it does look like the kid was being a total idiot during the whole situation

He also attacked the police officer and it's on the video. Police are allowed to use force to affect an arrest. Even laying on the ground and not complying with a lawful order is resisting, contrary to the un-informed public. As ex LEO I'll discuss use of force policy with anyone on here.

I'm on the officers side. kid was being an idiot and the police felt threatened. Imo if your getting arrested sit down shut up and comply with whatever they say and figure it out in the courts later on the rare case the officer was wrong. im just saying this doesn't seem much different than some other issues that have blown up in the media latelY.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby PerunasHoof » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:10 am

coloradoStang wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:

I'm on the officers side. kid was being an idiot and the police felt threatened. Imo if your getting arrested sit down shut up and comply with whatever they say and figure it out in the courts later on the rare case the officer was wrong. im just saying this doesn't seem much different than some other issues that have blown up in the media latelY.

Agreed. Thankfully this was on video. If people comply there won't be problems. If you think the arrest isn't lawful, fight it out in the court system. I promise you that no officer starts his shift wanting to shoot somebody. But once someone starts resisting, no matter in what form, everything escalates.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:15 am

mr. pony wrote:Per Stallion:
"It appears the march served to open dialogue and understanding in the SMU community."

Yeah, right, counselor.
These "understanding" youths opened by presenting a list of their DEMANDS .......

DMN reporter used the term demands. RGT has the document and used the term suggestions.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:24 am

PonyTime wrote:Having attended SMU in the mid 90s, I did not sense at all the racial strife that seems to be present today.

The mid 90's was when SMUDubs and other African American athletes at SMU were getting harassed by being called the N word on campus on multiple occasions. I guess you were just out of touch and have never read SMUDubs story which was even confirmed by a white athlete who witnessed it happen.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop