PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Missouri

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Missouri

Postby coloradoStang » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:41 am

Rebel10 wrote:
mr. pony wrote:Per Stallion:
"It appears the march served to open dialogue and understanding in the SMU community."

Yeah, right, counselor.
These "understanding" youths opened by presenting a list of their DEMANDS .......

DMN reporter used the term demands. RGT has the document and used the term suggestions.

Twitter account of the movement is calling them demands
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby smudubs » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:18 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Compare the responsible protest at SMU to these individuals at Dartmouth interrupting students in the library studying...as if that's going to help anything. smudubs, where do you want your children to attend?

I honestly do not know where I want my kids to go to college. Despite my experiences on campus, I always assumed that, like their parents, they too would be Mustangs. My son, who is applying now, has decided for a number of reasons that S.M.U is not the right school for him. While I take personal offense to some of the comments some have made regarding my children's intelligence or naivety, I won't waste time responding to those posts because it would just be a waste of my time.

My son wants to go to M.I.T. If for some reason he does not get in, I'm not sure where he will go. If he is admitted early action, he plans to commit on his recruiting visit in January. The coaches have told him that he is their top recruit and that they have never had their top recruit not be admitted so that is likely where he is going.

My daughter is a junior this year and has no idea of where she will go. She is much more liberal than my wife and I and wants to move somewhere where people are more tolerant to her political views. The handful of you who are "friends" with me on Facebook know just how liberal and anti-establishment she can be. She would definitely fall into that category of anarchist thug that has been thrown around here.

The only reason I have ever discussed my children on this board is to point out that people do read and discuss these topics with their children. Some of your comments can and do factor into their decision on whether to apply and/or attend the university. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I agree that the vast majority of people at S.M.U are good people. Despite some of the crap I experienced, I am still willing to send my kids to S.M.U if that is where they want to go. But if I were an outsider, based on the things I've read in this thread and others, I would probably tell them to go anywhere but S.M.U.
Ponyfans.com voice of reason
smudubs
Varsity

Postby smudubs » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:32 pm

PonyTime wrote:
smudubs wrote:
mr. pony wrote:Great! The thug anarchists have popped up at SMU now!!
Ignore their "demands".
This is pure D crap, birthed by Obama, Democrats and our corrupt media.

BTW - Hands up, don't shoot DID NOT HAPPEN.

Wow. Such insight contained in this post. I swear some of you force me to argue positions on this board that I don't always agree with. People should be able to express their opinions or struggles without being called things like "thug anarchists." I said this in another post, but more than anything that has happened at SMU recently, it's idiotic statements made on boards like this that really show things have not changed on campus and in the SMU community and is a major part in why both of my children have decided not to apply to SMU. Good job guys!

I am kind of interested in which schools your kids found to apply to or attend where this does not exist? I may want to direct my kids there.

It exists everywhere, I think we can all agree on that. My kids know that it is something they will face in college and graduate school, in the work place and in our multi-racial family. It is one of the sad realities of our country. They also know that while there are some who are idiots, that the majority of people are not truly racist.

What has shocked me most is how closed minded many people on this board in particular can be. I'm equally amazed that many do not see or understand that their comments can dissuade minorities from attending S.M.U. That is the only point I am trying to make and I would assume that most of you could see that point and understand our perspective.
Ponyfans.com voice of reason
smudubs
Varsity

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:02 pm

smudubs wrote:That is the only point I am trying to make and I would assume that most of you could see that point and understand our perspective.

Well the title of this thread is "Missouri" and no one has been able to explain to me why the president of Missouri needed to resign. That was the main goal of the protesters, to force him to resign, and he did, yet I see no reason that he needed to do so other than to make some social justice warriors feel better about themselves.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:03 pm

With that being said, if these campus protests could continue and escalate in tension up until November 2016, that would be ideal. I could really use a break on the capital gains tax rates
East Coast Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:55 pm

smudubs wrote:What has shocked me most is how closed minded many people on this board in particular can be. I'm equally amazed that many do not see or understand that their comments can dissuade minorities from attending S.M.U. That is the only point I am trying to make and I would assume that most of you could see that point and understand our perspective.

With the perception that SMU has why would that shock you? I guess you got a reality check
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:42 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Over a week later, I still haven't heard a plausible explanation of why the Mizzou president needed to resign.
East Coast Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:58 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:Over a week later, I still haven't heard a plausible explanation of why the Mizzou president needed to resign.

While no reason that was given nor any that would be given might be plausible in your opinion\why don't you email someone at Mizzou, tweet the Mizzou student organization or email their former president and ask him if you are that interested?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:19 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:

While no reason that was given nor any that would be given might be plausible in your opinion\why don't you email someone at Mizzou, tweet the Mizzou student organization or email their former president and ask him if you are that interested?

Because I already know what happened...the Grievance Industry went into full throttle mode and every media member decided it would be easier to sacrifice a guy's career than to investigate any of the ridiculous claims being made by the protesters for fear of being labeled racist.

I just find it funny that no one in this thread has even been able to come up with a reason why he needed to step down...this "movement" at Mizzou is intellectually dishonest (and I'm being generous) and Jonathan Butler is a lying race pimp...does anyone dispute that at this point?
East Coast Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:51 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Because I already know what happened...the Grievance Industry went into full throttle mode and every media member decided it would be easier to sacrifice a guy's career than to investigate any of the ridiculous claims being made by the protesters for fear of being labeled racist.

I just find it funny that no one in this thread has even been able to come up with a reason why he needed to step down...this "movement" at Mizzou is intellectually dishonest (and I'm being generous) and Jonathan Butler is a lying race pimp...does anyone dispute that at this point?

This is an SMU board so you are not going to find hardly anyone to differ from our opinion.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:14 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:Because I already know what happened...the Grievance Industry went into full throttle mode and every media member decided it would be easier to sacrifice a guy's career than to investigate any of the ridiculous claims being made by the protesters for fear of being labeled racist.

This is an SMU board so you are not going to find hardly anyone to differ from our opinion.

Again, you provide no reason why the President stepped down or defense of the "movement" at Mizzou which has been revealed to be a farce. If I've changed your mind, I've done some good here. Pony Up
East Coast Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:28 pm

I am not judging either way on the matter (granted I don't feel you have to be poor to help or stand up for the poor) and I am not trying to convince you of anything so take me out of your equation but going to an SMU board asking for a bunch of opinions different than yours seems kind of useless. Now if you are looking for support for your opinion you have come to the right place. We have people calling our own students thugs even though they are not wearing baggy pants drooping to the floor so you know you will get support here for that opinion. But whatever floats your boat.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:46 am

Rebel10 wrote:I am not judging either way on the matter (granted I don't feel you have to be poor to help or stand up for the poor) and I am not trying to convince you of anything so take me out of your equation but going to an SMU board asking for a bunch of opinions different than yours seems kind of useless. Now if you are looking for support for your opinion you have come to the right place. We have people calling our own students thugs even though they are not wearing baggy pants drooping to the floor so you know you will get support here for that opinion. But whatever floats your boat.

I never once called the SMU students "thugs," but beginning your protest by issuing a list of demands isn't the best way to be taken seriously
East Coast Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:41 am

Mr Pony called them thugs.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby NewAgeMustange » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:42 am

honestly I think of any threads this one needs to be 86'd. ECM some things will never be answered; you want the answer to why the president of a state university was forced to step down. I want to know if the aliens really did make the pyramids or if they were used for grain storage? *in truth I'm a huge Giorgio Tsoukalos fan*

smudubs, has much as i support all mustangs and would wish the tradition would continue. has your daughter looked at some of the schools in the NE? I actually went recruiting at several schools up there, but didn't choose them based off of the student directional learning. But from what I remember they were pretty "anti-establishment" and "liberal" from what I remember.
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop