PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OT: DMN - Black at SMU

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OT: DMN - Black at SMU

Postby rodrod5 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:06 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
rodrod5 wrote:so people are suppose to be outraged because SMU students portrayed rappers the exact same way that rappers try as hard as they can to portray themselves?

I think the term was thugs. Not all rappers portray themselves like that.

but yet a huge % portray themselves as exactly that especially the ones that are flashing money, degrading women and specifically doing the things that were shown on that party flyer

if you want to portray yourself as something then you have no right to get upset when someone else recognizes you as what you have worked hard to portray yourself as even if the person recognizing it is not the same race as you

if you want to be a moron then step up and accept that you are a moron in the eyes of anyone with a brain no matter the race or ethnicity of those that recognize you are a moron
rodrod5
Junior Varsity

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:07 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:
rodrod5 wrote:so people are suppose to be outraged because SMU students portrayed rappers the exact same way that rappers try as hard as they can to portray themselves?

The outrage would have been there regardless of the term "thug."

With that picture who knows but it was still portraying the image that the boys and girls clubs are trying to stop. Again, ASU did the same thing and it stopped here are well.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:11 pm

rodrod5 wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:

but yet a huge % portray themselves as exactly that especially the ones that are flashing money, degrading women and specifically doing the things that were shown on that party flyer

if you want to portray yourself as something then you have no right to get upset when someone else recognizes you as what you have worked hard to portray yourself as even if the person recognizing it is not the same race as you

if you want to be a moron then step up and accept that you are a moron in the eyes of anyone with a brain no matter the race or ethnicity of those that recognize you are a moron

You realize you've just projected your own unique perception of the entire black race onto these particular black SMU students. Why not judge them individually
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:12 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:[quote="rodrod5"]so people are suppose to be outraged because SMU students portrayed rappers the exact same way that rappers try as hard as they can to portray themselves?

The outrage would have been there regardless of the term "thug."

With that picture who knows but it was still portraying the image that the boys and girls clubs are trying to stop. Again, ASU did the same thing and it stopped here are well.[/quote]
Why are the boys and girls clubs uniquely positioned to render judgment that such expression of one's persona is in need of being stopped?
RGV Pony

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:13 pm

rodrod5 wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:

Point is that all black people that do not portray themselves like that especailly the college students at SMU and those were the ones that were offended. I guess you must have taken a survey to know what % portray themselves as that. That was an ignorant stereotypical statement. And I definitely don't think the the people at the boys and girls clubs portray themselves as promoting that.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:17 pm

RGV Pony wrote:
Why are the boys and girls clubs uniquely positioned to render judgment that such expression of one's persona is in need of being stopped?

A thug is not positive thing in any community but justify it all you want.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Puckhead48E » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:23 pm

First; love how the rapper from the picture, when interviewed, basically said it was nothing but a picture used to advertise a party and that people should relax.
Second; why no animus regarding Paul Wall giving Herman a grill? Wouldn't petty pandering to a community be worse than the modern equivalent of a toga party?
Third; why are we talking about this here on the football board?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby rodrod5 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
Point is that all black people that do not portray themselves like that. And I guess you must have taken a survey to know what % portray themselves as that. That was an ignorant stereotypical statement. And I definitely don't think the the people at the boys and girls clubs portray themselves as promoting that.

so what exactly is the concern then?

if the person that felt "slighted" in this article does not portray themselves that way then why are they upset about those that do portray themselves that way being made fun of

why does one race in particular always get upset at some "small portion of their race" that acts like fools being mocked like the fools that they are

why doesn't every white person get outraged when people make fun of white trash and get outraged if someone has a white trash party......could it be that they realize they are not a part of that group and they understand that the actions of that group are worthy of mockery and there is no redeeming value to that group no matter their skin color or the similarities of racial make up

if you want to be "judged as an individual" then stop fighting the battles of fools and morons based on the "collective" of similar race or skin color because that is YOU self identifying with that and that is you stepping away from being an individual and instead taking on the burden of fools because you share a race or a skin color with them

a fool is a fool no matter their race and poor behavior and ignorance is not redefined based on race or skin color and if you try and make it so or if you take on the burden of those fools and people mocking them because they have the same race or skin color as you then you should not expect to suddenly ask to also be treated as an individual when that suits you
rodrod5
Junior Varsity

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Puckhead48E wrote:First; love how the rapper from the picture, when interviewed, basically said it was nothing but a picture used to advertise a party and that people should relax.
Second; why no animus regarding Paul Wall giving Herman a grill? Wouldn't petty pandering to a community be worse than the modern equivalent of a toga party?
Third; why are we talking about this here on the football board?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rodrod5 called them morons. At any rate, I realize this is an SMU board so it is what it is.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:31 pm

rodrod5 wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:
Point is that all black people that do not portray themselves like that. And I guess you must have taken a survey to know what % portray themselves as that. That was an ignorant stereotypical statement. And I definitely don't think the the people at the boys and girls clubs portray themselves as promoting that.

so what exactly is the concern then?

if the person that felt "slighted" in this article does not portray themselves that way then why are they upset about those that do portray themselves that way being made fun of

why does one race in particular always get upset at some "small portion of their race" that acts like fools being mocked like the fools that they are

why doesn't every white person get outraged when people make fun of white trash and get outraged if someone has a white trash party......could it be that they realize they are not a part of that group and they understand that the actions of that group are worthy of mockery and there is no redeeming value to that group no matter their skin color or the similarities of racial make up

if you want to be "judged as an individual" then stop fighting the battles of fools and morons based on the "collective" of similar race or skin color because that is YOU self identifying with that and that is you stepping away from being an individual and instead taking on the burden of fools because you share a race or a skin color with them

a fool is a fool no matter their race and poor behavior and ignorance is not redefined based on race or skin color and if you try and make it so or if you take on the burden of those fools and people mocking them because they have the same race or skin color as you then you should not expect to suddenly ask to also be treated as an individual when that suits you

If blacks had a poor white trash party there would be outrage. At least you are saying thugs are morons and negative images. I have no problem with that. What you you think about the % of black on campus minus the football and basketball team?
Last edited by Rebel10 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:34 pm

I think its really not the fault of universities but the lack of value citizens in certain states place on the value of public high school and elementary education
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby malonish » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:36 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
If blacks had a poor white trash party there would be outrage. What you you think about the % of black on campus minus the football and basketball team?

FWIW in high school an opposing school for the football Friday had white trash day at school and no one batted an eye. My high school was less than diverse.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:36 pm

Am I the only one that recognizes UT and A&M have black athletes also?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby malonish » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:36 pm

mrydel wrote:Am I the only one that recognizes UT and A&M have black athletes also?

Nope, only we do. Checkmate Mrydel.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:38 pm

malonish wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:
If blacks had a poor white trash party there would be outrage. What you you think about the % of black on campus minus the football and basketball team?

FWIW in high school an opposing school for the football Friday had white trash day at school and no one batted an eye. My high school was less than diverse.

So are you saying black people initiated a poor white trash day?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop