PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

In Memoriam

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

In Memoriam

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:17 pm

Here's a thread to post about beloved ponyfans contributors who have joined Doak, Perunas I-VII, and other Mustang Royalty. Share a good thought or a memory.

I'll start
Diehard Pony aka Old Pony.. E. M. once overnighted yours truly DVD of SMU at Texas from 1982. He'd set his VCR to record the game while he attended and later transferred the footage to DVD.. No small feat back then.
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: In Memoriam

Postby mrydel » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:31 pm

HP Ponydad. Fur striped coat. Malibu beach house. Fast cars. Instrumental in assisting Thad with room, board and support in the making of Pony Excess. Lovely daughter attended SMU. Founding partner of the CP site.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:58 pm

The Old Mustang, a fraternity brother of mine whose company was involved with 1st Moody upgrade that included installation of the original overhead scoreboard. Jimmy passed away just before Ford Stadium was opened...something he had been so excited about after having been a "cornerstone" contributor when football returned to campus at the refurbished Ownby in 1989.
Charleston Pony

Postby Rayburn » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:02 pm

The original Rayburn -- my dad -- former SMU football player, football coach and SMU athletic department official. Loved the Mustangs and Southern Methodist University. Gone since 2006 but never to be forgotten.
Rayburn
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyscott » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:45 am

mrydel wrote:HP Ponydad. Fur striped coat. Malibu beach house. Fast cars. Instrumental in assisting Thad with room, board and support in the making of Pony Excess. Lovely daughter attended SMU. Founding partner of the CP site.

Great post...he was a class act and a good man.
ponyscott

Return to Around the Hilltop