PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Some band, students kneel during national anthem

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Some band, students kneel during national anthem

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:38 pm

smudubs wrote:I have already posted my experiences at SMU in the past so I will not do that again. I will say, in general, many people here just don't get it. For those of you who believe racism is dead, I will share something that happened recently. My son and several of his friends went to Wendy's in Boston earlier this month. My son arrived earlier than his friends and went inside. While he was insider, he saw people order and be served their food. When the rest of his friends arrived, most of whom are African American, the store refused to serve them. To put this plainly, white customers were served but African-American customers were not.

While this is slightly off topic for this thread, I figured I would share since some of you believe racism is dead.

smudubs, you're going to have to elaborate more on this.

You're telling us your kid & some of his friends were standing in line, wanting to place an order, & Wendy's refused? Did they serve others behind them in line and not your kid?

If that's the case, I'd hope your son complained to the manager. That is a stupid decision by someone who IMO should be fired.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smudubs » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:31 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:
smudubs wrote:I have already posted my experiences at SMU in the past so I will not do that again. I will say, in general, many people here just don't get it. For those of you who believe racism is dead, I will share something that happened recently. My son and several of his friends went to Wendy's in Boston earlier this month. My son arrived earlier than his friends and went inside. While he was insider, he saw people order and be served their food. When the rest of his friends arrived, most of whom are African American, the store refused to serve them. To put this plainly, white customers were served but African-American customers were not.

While this is slightly off topic for this thread, I figured I would share since some of you believe racism is dead.

You're telling us your kid & some of his friends were standing in line, wanting to place an order, & Wendy's refused? Did they serve others behind them in line and not your kid?

If that's the case, I'd hope your son complained to the manager. That is a stupid decision by someone who IMO should be fired.

i honestly do not know what happened afterwards. He told me that people who arrived before his friends got there were served. But when we received the text message explaining what happened, we told him to just go somewhere they would be served. So they did not hang around to see how subsequent customers were treated
Ponyfans.com voice of reason
smudubs
Varsity

Postby PerunasHoof » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:44 am

There has to be more to the story, as that doesn't make any sense...
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby whitwiki » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:34 pm

That might be the point...
whitwiki
Heisman

Postby smudubs » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:55 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:There has to be more to the story, as that doesn't make any sense...

The rest of the story is that they were serving white customers and cooking food. When 30 young black men walked in, their fryer suddenly broke and they could not serve them. But there was no fryer problem before my son's 29 friends walked in.
Ponyfans.com voice of reason
smudubs
Varsity

Postby PonySnob » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:44 pm

smudubs wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:There has to be more to the story, as that doesn't make any sense...

The rest of the story is that they were serving white customers and cooking food. When 30 young black men walked in, their fryer suddenly broke and they could not serve them. But there was no fryer problem before my son's 29 friends walked in.

Could believe it if they were in South Boston or maybe the North End. If they were in Dorchester, no way that happens.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby whitwiki » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:38 am

Guys why would dubs lie? He's one of us. Just take his sons word for it. Bad things exist. Denying it doesn't make it untrue. Jeeeeeezus
whitwiki
Heisman

Postby indianmustang » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:19 pm

ecu band players actions resulted in local radio station pulling broadcast
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/espn-fayet ... /16082161/
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:32 am

smudubs wrote:
SoCal_Pony wrote:

i honestly do not know what happened afterwards. He told me that people who arrived before his friends got there were served. But when we received the text message explaining what happened, we told him to just go somewhere they would be served. So they did not hang around to see how subsequent customers were treated

The fact that your almost 20-yr old kid was in an uncomfortable situation, texted you for advice, you gave him sound advice and he followed it tells me you did a good job as a father, congrats.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Indeed » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:28 pm

Wonder if they will continue doing this in the spring, esp during the class called Beyoncé’s New South Aesthetics
Indeed

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop