PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Volleyball no longer honoring fallen officer

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Volleyball no longer honoring fallen officer

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:41 pm

Mex with the lead for worst post of the year.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:18 pm

deucetz wrote:I hope y'all are kidding. You do know bush league isn't referring to George Bish.

deucetz, if I was you, I would delete this post. seriously.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:20 pm

Puckhead48E wrote:
mrydel wrote:I believe theyreconsidered

They revisited the decision. That is good and the right thing to do.

But, the way they revisited and corrected their initial error is entirely inadequate. SMU has spent the past week posting various letters, videos, and texts from professors and administrators. These posts have been about assuaging the fears of the student community that the diversity policies and efforts of a private institution will not be changed by the election of a new US president. Somehow, the intelligent and in tune students think the diversity efforts and policies of a private school are going to suddenly be changed by a new president who won't even take office for another 2+ months. The school administration went out of their way to ensure the students knew where they stood on this...including holding meetings and a wide range of social media outreach.

Compare this to the half [deleted] response to what happened here. Some idiot cancelled this girls day...that's the best way to phrase it. They stole this girls day. They made it worse by doing it via email...because heaven forbid they make a phone call. The response was the same half-assed effort. Unacceptable.

Turner and Hart needed to personally call the family to offer their apologies. They both should have walked her onto the court for the first serve. I hope both of these happened, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Post
SoCal_Pony

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:19 pm

Pretty sure she told the school to stick it.
smusic 00

Postby Mexmustang » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:28 am

First the school needs to come clean as to what happened and who was responsible.

First, no one in the department, the administration or the team has come foreward.tp tale responsibility.

Second, yes, If Hart''s office or one of his direst reports was responsible someone should go. Same with Turner's office. Anyone that would be that insensitive or such a poor decision maker should be held fully accountable. Guess what? it would probably happen in the private sector.

The idea we reversed our position and retracted the declined invitation is simply not acceptable. The whole affair has made our school a laughing stock nationally. It reflects on the inability of someone's lack of common sense. We don't need these people in a position of leadership. This was an independent decision based on that individual's flawed perception of social correctness at the cost of decency. Did they not see the hurt and disgust that enveloped all of Dallas? Did they not see our Chief of Police and the entire department grieving in August? Where have they been?

How about this, Dr. Turner, disclose what really happened.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Mexmustang » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:34 am

First, no one in the athletic department, the administration or the team has come foreward.tp tale responsibility.

Second, yes, If Hart''s office or one of his direst reports was responsible someone should go. Same with Turner's office. Anyone that would be that insensitive or such a poor decision maker should be held fully accountable. Guess what? it would probably happen in the private sector.

The idea we reversed our position and retracted the declined invitation is simply not acceptable. The whole affair has made our school a laughing stock nationally. We don't need these people in a position of leadership. This was an independent decision based on one individual's flawed perception of social correctness at the cost of common decency. Did they not see the hurt and disgust that enveloped all of Dallas? Did they not see our Chief of Police and the entire department grieving in August? Where have they been?

How about this, Dr. Turner, disclose what really happened.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:41 am

I agree it is a deplorable situation but to say we are a national laughing stock lowers any credibility on your post. I am in the nation and have heard nothing of this situation except in ponyfans. And I do consider myself an informed individual.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:55 am

He's giving a lot of power to random moral authorities on Facebook.
smusic 00

Postby rodrod5 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:56 pm

smusic 00 wrote:He's giving a lot of power to random moral authorities on Facebook.

yea how terrible Vs a university letting some random administrative loser embarrass the university by replying with their own personal opinion on an event

and then the university "handles it" by saying "sorry hit the reply button too soon please come let us honor you now that we found out that this has become public and the university looks stupid"
rodrod5
Junior Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:47 pm

SMU totally blew this one and the "apology" just made it more laughable. Amazing, but not really.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby StallionsModelT » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:55 am

One of the only times in my adult life that I've been ashamed to say I am an SMU graduate. I agree that the university needs to come clean on what went down here. People wonder why SMU isn't able to be generate any love or admiration outside of the Park Cities and this is why. If it was sent by someone who is an employee of SMU then that individual should be terminated. If it was a student that young man or woman should be kicked out of school. This was handled about as poorly as you could possibly handle something like this. I swear sometimes I think this university goes out of its way to look like idiots.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby BUS » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:05 am

You would not believe how I was spoken to by and SMU law prof this past Saturday on the Boulevard. Young man wearing a safety pin literally gave me the bird while having a polite conversation. He is safety man and went vulgar as he said F---You to me.
I walked away in disgust - And that is what SMU has been hiring.

Sad state of affairs.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:31 am

BUS wrote:You would not believe how I was spoken to by and SMU law prof this past Saturday on the Boulevard. Young man wearing a safety pin literally gave me the bird while having a polite conversation. He is safety man and went vulgar as he said F---You to me.
I walked away in disgust - And that is what SMU has been hiring.

Sad state of affairs.

Who was the law prof?
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:18 am

I thought love trumped hate?
RGV Pony

Postby ebrooks11 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:31 am

RGV Pony wrote:I thought love trumped hate?

Only certain instances.
ebrooks11
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop