PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

DMN: Fliers 'Why white women shouldn't date black men'

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: DMN: Fliers 'Why white women shouldn't date black men'

Postby Digetydog » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:22 pm

deucetz wrote:http://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2016/11/15/fliers-stating-white-women-date-black-men-reportedly-found-smu-campus-dallas

If you read to the end, there is a link to a White Supremacist organization. Since the same flyer showed up at OU and Michigan previously, it is probably (a) a hoax or (b) a publicity stunt by those sickos.

If a SMU student is involved, I'll be surprised (and disappointed).
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby lwjr » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:03 pm

Digetydog wrote:
deucetz wrote:http://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2016/11/15/fliers-stating-white-women-date-black-men-reportedly-found-smu-campus-dallas

If you read to the end, there is a link to a White Supremacist organization. Since the same flyer showed up at OU and Michigan previously, it is probably (a) a hoax or (b) a publicity stunt by those sickos.

If a SMU student is involved, I'll be surprised (and disappointed).

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2016/0 ... ivers.html
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:38 pm

Digetydog wrote: If an SMU student is involved, I'll be surprised (and disappointed).

I would not be "surprised" at all. We have quite a diverse student body.
Bergermeister

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:13 pm

Ask Deion, Jr.
smusic 00

Postby Digetydog » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:08 am

Bergermeister wrote:
Digetydog wrote: If an SMU student is involved, I'll be surprised (and disappointed).

As someone who is "diverse," I can tell you that my experience at SMU wasn't all Wine and Roses. But, I never saw anything like that.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:12 am

The only problem with this issue when I was there was one of the black FB players dating a hot, very hot, white girl. We were just upset because he took her off the market and none of us had an opportunity to get a chance to date her. Had nothing to do with race.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:11 pm

It's twuuu, it's twuuuuu!
smusic 00

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:22 pm

mrydel wrote:The only problem with this issue when I was there was one of the black FB players dating a hot, very hot, white girl. We were just upset because he took her off the market and none of us had an opportunity to get a chance to date her. Had nothing to do with race.

Now if a white FB player had taken her off the market those players wouldn't have been upset. :lol: JK.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby smudubs » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Digetydog wrote:
Bergermeister wrote:

As someone who is "diverse," I can tell you that my experience at SMU wasn't all Wine and Roses. But, I never saw anything like that.

First, amen. As I have chronicled here before, my experiences as a student and alum have not always been great either. But as a black man who is married to a white woman, I can refute everything in the flyer. I have not hit a girl since I was five, but she kicked me and deserved it. So no, black men will not necessarily be abusive. Second, I have never had an STD, though I was a member of STD (Sigma Tau Delta) the English honor society. Finally, I can not speak to how intelligent all biracial children are, but I have a son who scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT and is freshman at MIT who is doing extremely well. I also have a daughter who scored in the 96th percentile on the SAT and who is planning to go to Bowdoin or Wellesley if she is fortunate enough to be admitted.

So, yeah, the flyers are complete BS. And I could easily see SMU students posting them on campus.
Ponyfans.com voice of reason
smudubs
Varsity

Postby mrydel » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:41 pm

If you had seen her you would know that no matter who took her off the market was cause for sadness
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:31 pm

mrydel wrote:If you had seen her you would know that no matter who took her off the market was cause for sadness

She must have had been seriously gifted. :D
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby b_caesar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:05 pm

Here's the text of the Memo to "Members of the SMU Community" from RGT, dated Wed, Nov 16:

On Friday, November 11, I sent out a campus email calling on the community not to let emotions carry over from the outcome of the election and result in individuals enacting divisive or even uncivil or racist comments or behavior. Every four years, there is a losing candidate and one that wins. The fabric of our democracy requires that we all continue to live and work together, whether our candidate/party wins or loses.

Recent fliers, identical to those showing up on other campuses nationally, were posted in one of our Commons and in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center, in addition to isolated instances of uncivil, racist, and sexist comments made in hateful, arrogant, and hurtful tones clearly communicate that there are among us a small number of individuals who do not want to live in a united, mutually respectful, campus community. Anyone committed to living a life of denigrating others in some misguided effort to elevate themselves should find another place to live. Such behavior is inconsistent with and violates the SMU Student Values Statement accepted by all entering students. I commend student leaders for organizing to eliminate such unacceptable behavior among their fellow students on our campus.

In challenging times, the country should be able to look to those educated in one of our nation's finest universities to provide the insightful analysis of the nation's events that would guide us to go forward individually with mutual respect, even when mutual agreement may not be immediately possible: World Changers Shaped Here!

The entire community must recommit to discouraging and eliminating such unacceptable behavior. There will be many tense moments nationally over the next few months. During these moments, the SMU community must be able to discuss our differences with mutual respect surrounded by a supportive campus environment for everyone. Anything less is unworthy of who we are.
Don't worry. Be Happy. Or not.
b_caesar
Heisman

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:48 pm

Well written by Brad Cheves.
Bergermeister

Postby EastStang » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:36 pm

Jill Stein posted it to raise more money. Just kidding, but seriously it could have been written by someone trying to n
Make SMU look like it's a racist institution.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Return to Around the Hilltop