PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

RGT Extension

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: RGT Extension

Postby gostangs » Wed May 31, 2017 10:34 am

Im as conservative as they come, but I don't want to see SMU on any most conservative list at all. Its not good for our future to be thought of as advancing any political ideology. That's not what a university is supposed to be.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed May 31, 2017 12:44 pm

gostangs wrote:Im as conservative as they come, but I don't want to see SMU on any most conservative list at all. Its not good for our future to be thought of as advancing any political ideology. That's not what a university is supposed to be.

If this is the way mainstream academia is headed, I wouldn't be worried about being on any "most conservative" lists in the years to come: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... es-gratit/

I'm not saying we need to be BYU or Bob Jones University, just don't give in to the absolute madness that is taking over many college campuses across the country today. Of course we should welcome varying viewpoints and intellectual curiosity; thing is, that's precisely what's NOT happening at many schools today where only one side of the spectrum (far left) is allowed to be heard.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby deucetz » Wed May 31, 2017 1:43 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:
gostangs wrote:Im as conservative as they come, but I don't want to see SMU on any most conservative list at all. Its not good for our future to be thought of as advancing any political ideology. That's not what a university is supposed to be.

If this is the way mainstream academia is headed, I wouldn't be worried about being on any "most conservative" lists in the years to come: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... es-gratit/

I'm not saying we need to be BYU or Bob Jones University, just don't give in to the absolute madness that is taking over many college campuses across the country today. Of course we should welcome varying viewpoints and intellectual curiosity; thing is, that's precisely what's NOT happening at many schools today where only one side of the spectrum (far left) is allowed to be heard.

It sounds like that President has been neutered.
deucetz
All-American

Postby Stallion » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:03 pm

This discussion is completely divorced from reality. College Graduates and especially Post-Graduate level graduates voted overwhelming for Hillary Clinton. The less educated you are the more likely you voted for Donald Trump. Its a good thing top flight universities don't listen to the nonsense posted by "experts" on websites. No decent university wants to be like Baylor or BYU or Bob Jones University or Liberty who will never be Nationally recognized universities. In fact, the Ivy League schools and all those Top 50 California schools want nothing to do with that viewpoint. 10 California universities in Top 50 versus 1 in Texas in US News & World Report. So if SMU wants to be a Top 50 university it should do everything in its power not to be categorized with those ideological universities

https://usatcollege.files.wordpress.com ... cation.png
Last edited by Stallion on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Black Horseshoe » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:10 pm

Trump will make SMU great again
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby gostangs » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Glad we aren't liberty, and just as glad we aren't Berkley. Being highly ranked is not worth giving up common sense on either end of the political spectrum.
gostangs

Postby 78pony » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:50 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:
tristatecoog wrote:And I believe that's why Baylor, A&M and TCU are popular amongst that set.
For those wanting a top-tier education, maybe it comes with the territory? Vandy? SMU?

Why should it "come with the territory?" Eff that. The vast majority of successful people in the world today don't subscribe to this far left BS thats being peddled in mainstream academia; why should we continually subject our kids to it?

Agree and thanks, ECM. Those with tiny minds and lesser ability to effectively communicate their points (the left) are the ones staging rallies, looting, inciting violence, etc., all of which the mainstream media and academia seem to love.
78pony
Heisman

Postby Fooball » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:22 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:The vast majority of successful people in the world today don't subscribe to this far left BS thats being peddled in mainstream academia; why should we continually subject our kids to it?

Lulz. Completely out of touch with reality.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Fooball
Junior Varsity

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Stallion wrote:This discussion is completely divorced from reality. College Graduates and especially Post-Graduate level graduates voted overwhelming for Hillary Clinton. The less educated you are the more likely you voted for Donald Trump. Its a good thing top flight universities don't listen to the nonsense posted by "experts" on websites. No decent university wants to be like Baylor or BYU or Bob Jones University or Liberty who will never be Nationally recognized universities. In fact, the Ivy League schools and all those Top 50 California schools want nothing to do with that viewpoint. 10 California universities in Top 50 versus 1 in Texas in US News & World Report. So if SMU wants to be a Top 50 university it should do everything in its power not to be categorized with those ideological universities

https://usatcollege.files.wordpress.com ... cation.png

I love how Stallion plays the bleeding heart liberal on the ATH forum and the old cranky racist over on the basketball board
East Coast Mustang

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Fooball wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:The vast majority of successful people in the world today don't subscribe to this far left BS thats being peddled in mainstream academia; why should we continually subject our kids to it?

Lulz. Completely out of touch with reality.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Maybe in San Francisco
East Coast Mustang

Postby tristatecoog » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Yes, educated business owners/capitalists will vote Republican. Trump voters didn't only consist of hillbillies. Being in Texas, a school is already assumed to be conservative unless you're like Rice (top 20!) or UT-Austin (liberal/hip city). I believe Baylor is taking small steps to dissociate itself with its hardcore Baptist roots.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony^ » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:30 am

Here is an example of how one highly regarded university is handling the "snowflake" problem. Perhaps others will follow.

https://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/christi ... e-n2209962
Pony^
All-American

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop