PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

RGT Extension

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: RGT Extension

Postby PonySnob » Wed May 17, 2017 3:11 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:The previous Business and Law deans seemed to have overstayed their welcomes by a few years. And then the Law dean got busted with a hooker (albeit after he was demoted, but still teaching at SMU)...whoops!

Craig James?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed May 17, 2017 3:58 pm

James was brought in to kill the hooker.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Wed May 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Big mistake. I like Turner, but his expiration date was over 10 years ago. We need new blood and fresh thinking. We will never get our act together to be a top 30 university. I will keep donating to the school but in no way will I ask my son to apply to SMU whenever his time comes (which is many years from now). We will not e a top 15-20 school if we don't change our thinking and become more aggressive at a national or international level.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby MV pony » Wed May 17, 2017 6:30 pm

At this rate, Liberty University will hit the top 30 AND a power 5 conference before SMfnU. :(
MV pony
All-American

Postby BUS » Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 am

Don't like the way SMU has hired Libs and the student population has migrated to snowflakes. Check it out, not just my opinion.
Remember the Volleyball team shafting the Police officers daughter that was killed last year.
Just one Example.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby PonySnob » Tue May 23, 2017 10:23 am

BUS wrote:Don't like the way SMU has hired Libs and the student population has migrated to snowflakes. Check it out, not just my opinion.
Remember the Volleyball team shafting the Police officers daughter that was killed last year.
Just one Example.

Pretty much every university student body is full of "snowflakes".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue May 23, 2017 10:46 pm

BUS wrote:Don't like the way SMU has hired Libs and the student population has migrated to snowflakes. Check it out, not just my opinion.
Just one Example.

Agree...we should try to be the school that attracts people who reject all of the absurd BS going on at most campuses today.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby tristatecoog » Wed May 24, 2017 2:13 pm

That vball thing was no bueno. Once you decide to honor someone, follow through with it.

Which schools embody rejection of all absurb BS? A&M? Other military, or highly conservative, universities? And are those non-snowflake students open to different perspectives or just want to be left alone?
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu May 25, 2017 6:26 pm

tristatecoog wrote:That vball thing was no bueno. Once you decide to honor someone, follow through with it.

Which schools embody rejection of all absurb BS? A&M? Other military, or highly conservative, universities? And are those non-snowflake students open to different perspectives or just want to be left alone?

I just think there's a big market of quality students out there who want to go to a college where they wont be inundated with 19 genders, Antifa protests, and open hostility towards speakers whose views are to the right of Barbara Boxer. That's not to say they wont be exposed to different perspectives (I'd estimate the faculty now is probably ~70% liberal, maybe more?); just not a place where extreme far-left politics are the norm.
East Coast Mustang

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu May 25, 2017 10:20 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Agree...we should try to be the school that attracts people who reject all of the absurd BS going on at most campuses today.

That is how SMU became popular amongst Illinois parents during the Vietnam war years.
SoCal_Pony

Postby tristatecoog » Fri May 26, 2017 6:21 pm

And I believe that's why Baylor, A&M and TCU are popular amongst that set.
For those wanting a top-tier education, maybe it comes with the territory? Vandy? SMU?

Those attending sub-100 ranked schools probably don't care enough to protest. Well, a group of UH students protested Apartheid in the late '80s. I didn't care enough to protest but it made me think about the issue and wonder why the U.S. should divest assets in South Africa.

Regarding Turner, I saw banner ads for the Bush Library and thought, "Well, there's something quite positive that RGT instigated."
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sat May 27, 2017 2:04 am

tristatecoog wrote:And I believe that's why Baylor, A&M and TCU are popular amongst that set.
For those wanting a top-tier education, maybe it comes with the territory? Vandy? SMU?

Why should it "come with the territory?" Eff that. The vast majority of successful people in the world today don't subscribe to this far left BS thats being peddled in mainstream academia; why should we continually subject our kids to it?
East Coast Mustang

Postby tristatecoog » Tue May 30, 2017 10:42 am

Successful business people?
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue May 30, 2017 10:15 pm

tristatecoog wrote:Successful business people?

People who are successful in business
East Coast Mustang

Postby deucetz » Wed May 31, 2017 9:31 am

Just one Example.

We will be in good company: https://www.niche.com/colleges/rankings ... -colleges/

https://www.princetonreview.com/college ... e-students

If a university is pushing a specific political ideology, then it has already lost. A university should be welcoming to all, and push them to think critically no matter their preconceived notions. Young adults tend to be more liberal compared to their parents or grandparents generation. It doesn't mean they will vote for Democrats over republican, just that they are more open to different philosophies and ideas. Stop with the BS

The mistake with the Volleyball team had nothing to do with Democrats v. Republican. It was just stupid and poor execution.
Last edited by deucetz on Wed May 31, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
deucetz
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop