PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Interesting stat on Cox BBA

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Interesting stat on Cox BBA

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:26 pm

He is such a diehard whorn, I don't think it would've mattered.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby tristatecoog » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:37 am

$186M! I guess UT still believes in its FT MBA program. Hopefully the undergrad U will be lower ranked than SMU this year. Some SMU law grads I spoke with this weekend were surprised that UT and SMU were tied at #56 in the US News rankings.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyTime » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 pm

tristatecoog wrote:$186M! I guess UT still believes in its FT MBA program. Hopefully the undergrad U will be lower ranked than SMU this year. Some SMU law grads I spoke with this weekend were surprised that UT and SMU were tied at #56 in the US News rankings.

Tristate - am guessing that you hold a Cox grad degree and UH undergrad. Think things will change with the new Dean?
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby tristatecoog » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:13 pm

I equate the new Dean to hiring Willie Fritz (post-HC at Sam Houston and GA Southern) vs. Chad Morris (top-flight assistant). In the long run, both may be great. In the short run, the top-flight assistant from a top program (University) is a more comforting, and expensive, way to go.

I've served as an Associate Board member for 10+ years and feel like the quality has slipped a bit. Meanwhile, undergrad Cox keeps improving. Maybe national dynamics about return on investment for a Top 40 MBA but it still leads to a very nice pay bump and potential career switch.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby tristatecoog » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:38 am

Heard a key focus for Cox will be facilities. The UT facility may help the conversation with donors about the need.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop