PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Interesting stat on Cox BBA

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Interesting stat on Cox BBA

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Snicker
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySnob » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:14 am

RGV Pony wrote:And this handy cox flyer confirms what everyone has been waiting for. White out for SFA!Image

Is there a game on that schedule where there are even 25K people in the stadium?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:07 pm

PonySnob wrote:
RGV Pony wrote:And this handy cox flyer confirms what everyone has been waiting for. White out for SFA!Image

Is there a game on that schedule where there are even 25K people in the stadium?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to be optimistic and (weather permitting) say we come close to 25k for both the SFA and UNT games, helped of course by good turn outs from the alumni of our opponents. The optimist in me says this team will surprise people this year and find a way to win at least 6 of those 7 home games, scoring a lot of points along the way and playing some exciting games.
Charleston Pony

Postby Black Horseshoe » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Black Horseshoe wrote:Image

ouch
Charleston Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:06 pm

a little white out solves that problem.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:08 pm

bet you could find some in tiki's old office.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:11 pm

next to the overhead projector slides.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Bergermeister » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:35 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:bet you could find some in tiki's old office.

I heard he got an IBM Correcting Selectric II before he left.
Bergermeister

Postby smusportspage » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:55 am

gostangs wrote:
Stallion wrote:Ha! Whatever-you Cox guys are ridiculous. Dedman may have produced more Billionaires than Cox. Especially Robert Dedman and Gerald Ford-what have they contributed to the university? We need to improve all colleges of the university to be considered a world-class university. I could just as easily claim that the the biggest contribution to SMU from the Business School was the Death Penalty-and I'd still be closer to truth that some of the crap posted above

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/bus ... aire-grads

Ford got his undergrad from SMU - that is why he supports SMU the way he does. Very few of our law school grads step up to the plate for the university. Glad we have a nice law school - although the demand for new lawyers is dropping pretty dramatically - but the bell cow for SMU is Cox. Absolutely Improve all colleges of the university, but it is good to be aware of what really drives the ship. Literally half our undergrads come to SMU to be in Cox or to try to be in Cox.

I beg to differ....the demand for new lawyers is not the same as the demand for good lawyers. With the growth of Dallas, the demand for good lawyers will only rise. By the way, there is a reason Texas A&M saw the need to purchase Texas Weslyan Law School and that UNT opened up a law school in Downtown Dallas. Let's keep it real, all schools at SMU are important and need to continue to step up their game.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby PonyTime » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:38 pm

gostangs wrote:
Stallion wrote:Ha! Whatever-you Cox guys are ridiculous. Dedman may have produced more Billionaires than Cox. Especially Robert Dedman and Gerald Ford-what have they contributed to the university? We need to improve all colleges of the university to be considered a world-class university. I could just as easily claim that the the biggest contribution to SMU from the Business School was the Death Penalty-and I'd still be closer to truth that some of the crap posted above

Ford got his undergrad from SMU - that is why he supports SMU the way he does. Very few of our law school grads step up to the plate for the university. Glad we have a nice law school - although the demand for new lawyers is dropping pretty dramatically - but the bell cow for SMU is Cox. Absolutely Improve all colleges of the university, but it is good to be aware of what really drives the ship. Literally half our undergrads come to SMU to be in Cox or to try to be in Cox.

Our Law School Grads are quite generous...

One of our most prominent SMU law grads who lives minutes from campus just gave a large chunk of change for the $186 Million new Business School building for Full-Time MBAs ...

http://blogs.mccombs.utexas.edu/mba-insider/2016/12/12/rowling-hall-is-coming/
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BUS » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:16 pm

White with cowboy boots.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:58 pm

PonyTime wrote:
gostangs wrote:

One of our most prominent SMU law grads who lives minutes from campus just gave a large chunk of change for the $186 Million new Business School building for Full-Time MBAs ...

Thanks, Bob! Oops...No chance he ever shares with his grad school. Great guy, though.
smusic 00

Postby gostangs » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:09 pm

PonyTime wrote:
gostangs wrote:

Yes - you make my case for me. He gives to his undergrad university, not where he got his law degree.
gostangs

Postby PonyTime » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:53 am

gostangs wrote:
PonyTime wrote:
gostangs wrote:Ha! Whatever-you Cox guys are ridiculous. Dedman may have produced more Billionaires than Cox. Especially Robert Dedman and Gerald Ford-what have they contributed to the university? We need to improve all colleges of the university to be considered a world-class university. I could just as easily claim that the the biggest contribution to SMU from the Business School was the Death Penalty-and I'd still be closer to truth that some of the crap posted above

Yes - you make my case for me. He gives to his undergrad university, not where he got his law degree.

Yep - I agree with you. Just being sarcastic.
Last edited by PonyTime on Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop