PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hurricane Harvey

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hurricane Harvey

Postby oilpony » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:21 pm

Gang,
I hope you all will forgive me for posting this but Its a mess in the hurricane hit areas and people need help. I hope everyone will consider donating clothing, food, or money to the many charities that are assisting in the relief efforts.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphill ... to-donate/

Thanks,
Lee Wood aka Oilpony
oilpony
All-American

Re: Hurricane Harvey

Postby b_caesar » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:53 pm

Another quick and easy option is to donate to the Red Cross:

http://www.redcross.org/index.jsp
Don't worry. Be Happy. Or not.
b_caesar
Heisman

Postby AusTxPony » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:47 am

Yep, my brother and wife lost their entire home on Key Allegro (Rockport) when the pilings gave way and the house sank into 12' of water in Little Bay. They lived across from Key Allegro Marina where yachts are sunken and most of the boat slips are gone. Rockport needs lots of help. Devastation is widespread.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyboy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:46 am

I'm sorry to hear that. It's bad. I am pretty intimately involved in all this as well. Waiting for instructions on when we can head down there with rubber boots, leather gloves, and shovels and try to help rebuild the lives of folks I work with. Our president and his family were evacuated. Two others' had wives who delivered babies during Harvey, one of whom was evacuated with his family from their home. Another was evacuated with his family. Waiting to hear from others.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Around the Hilltop